Swift Bolero 680FB damp underside washroom floor (1 Viewer)

adamsale

Free Member
Nov 29, 2013
Ringwood
Funster No
MH
Low profile coach built
Exp
since 2006
For interest and information, in March this year our annual damp test revealed a damp/ soft spot in the underside floor below the wash room just inside the rear wheel Arch. We have had the S. B. 680FB since new (March 2007) and to be fair it had given us many hours/miles of pleasure.

A comprehensive repair to the timber floor under the washroom floor was carried out by Essanjay Poole at the end of the season(during November). It transpires that the waste pipe from the washroom sink had caused the problem and may have been leaking very slightly since new.

Prior to the work being carried out I was invited down to see the damage and to discuss the repair process. Looking at the side skirts and wheel arch fitments which had been removed to access the underside floor Steve (Essanjay owner) pointed our there was no way water could find its way into the floor via this route on the Bolero. I was concerned after all the reports about swift floor damp issues and water entering via the side skirts/wheel arches but was reassured that after this repair there should be no other concerns in this respect. Steve said the MH had no other potential damp issues that he could see and the motorhome was in excellent order.

Damp tests each year since new had not shown up the problem as the leak had been minimal but clearly had got worse over 8 seasons coming to the fore this year. Steve did a modification and put a sleeve around the offending waste pipe and left a drain point at the outlet point within the floor. The final cost of the repair £1450 + VAT.

I'm sure after 8 seasons use Swift won't be interested in my experience or resultant expenditure on this fault but hopefully we are now in good order for next few years.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Swift have an owners forum which I have found quite useful
Why not post your experiences on there?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
nice to hear a good review.. being local have used steve in the past with excellent professional results. similarly with autovan over at canford bottom

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
adamsale

adamsale

Free Member
Nov 29, 2013
Ringwood
Funster No
MH
Low profile coach built
Exp
since 2006
Thanks for your comments guys and for reminding me about the Swift owners forum Robert - I will post my experiences on there too.

OP
OP
adamsale

adamsale

Free Member
Nov 29, 2013
Ringwood
Funster No
MH
Low profile coach built
Exp
since 2006
Just as an aside the offending waste pipe should have been flexible but had gone hard/brittle and was of course replaced with a new one which I should have made clear in my post.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back