Super drug unlimited data sim (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Neil S
Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Used one when we were away in France & Spain in October/November, used 110 Gb in 6½ weeks.
Get the usual problems when roaming with SIM's on Three but liveable with for unlimited data.
Thanks Lenny
I’ve just ordered one for the maxview 4G roam I’m having fitted to our touring caravan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2017
beds
Funster No
MH
burstner
Exp
Fitted mine in my huawei router in Spain after checking it in uk, does not work, spoke to Superdrug and they said you cannot tether with it so I cancelled my direct debit.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Fitted mine in my huawei router in Spain after checking it in uk, does not work, spoke to Superdrug and they said you cannot tether with it so I cancelled my direct debit.
From their website
Will I be able to tether?
Your data is yours to use how you want. You can tether and use your phone as a mobile hotspot with your full allowance if you want to – enjoy!

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
I've just used one for 3 months in a TP Link mifi in France, Spain and Portugal. Works fine - with various phones, tablets (iPlayer and Netflix) and a laptop connected to it, plus an Android Auto stereo head unit in the van - Spotify / BBC Sounds / Google Maps satnav - all whilst on the move, and with no worries about data limits. Lovely.

You may have to change the APN settings on your device / phone for it to roam, but it only takes 2 minutes. You also need to have first used it in the UK before heading into Europe.

Unfortunately, I suspect that will be the last time things are so easy. By next summer I predict there won't be any unlimited roaming providers left. Three Mobile, who Superdrug piggy back onto, have already announced this. Looks like local simcards and faffing with VPNs if you want to easily access BBC services, etc. :(

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Used it for the past month in Spain and France - about 200Gb with no probs using UK streaming of iPlayer, Netflix, prime video etc .

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Yes we have one and we have been in France and now Spain for the past 12 days. We tried it in our Huawei mini, but it did not work.

We got an old phone unlocked and have the sim in that phone then tether two computers and 2 other phones to it. Stream, download, listen to music with no issues.

No signal issues here on Camping Cabopino, near Marbella and not alerts from Superdrug/3 about too much usage 😁

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Yes we have one and we have been in France and now Spain for the past 12 days. We tried it in our Huawei mini, but it did not work.
Was using mine in a Huawei Mifi no problems at all did you check the APN settings.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007

We got an old phone unlocked and have the sim in that phone then tether two computers and 2 other phones to it. Stream, download, listen to music with no issues.

No signal issues here on Camping Cabopino, near Marbella and not alerts from Superdrug/3 about too much usage 😁
Camping Cabopino was just down the bottom of our road when we had a house in Calahonda. Nice area.
Phil

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Was using mine in a Huawei Mifi no problems at all did you check the APN settings.
Hi Lenny, yes, contacted Superdrug who talked me through changing the APN settings and still did not work. They say they cannot guarantee, hence the suggestion of a 'doner' phone to hotspot/tether too

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
I've got a Three one in my phone £22 a month, that is sim only deal at present you get it for 6 months half price direct from 3

and you can tether easily from your phone

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Funny how it only seems recently that all the companies were saying that there were no plans to reintroduce roaming charges.

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
And for a bonus with your first payment you get £20 of Superdrug points making the first month free.
Lenny HB - Out of interest - how did you redeem your points in store? I'd forgotten all about it to be honest. They are showing in my Superdrug Mobile account when I log in, but can't see how to actually use them.

May as well grab £20 of free toiletries.

Thanks.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Lenny HB - Out of interest - how did you redeem your points in store? I'd forgotten all about it to be honest. They are showing in my Superdrug Mobile account when I log in, but can't see how to actually use them.

May as well grab £20 of free toiletries.

Thanks.
Download the Superdrug app and you use it like the loyalty card.

Jan 4, 2017
beds
Funster No
MH
burstner
Exp
I changed the settings but still would not produce a decent signal to drive my firestick, It could just be the area I was in.

Aug 27, 2018
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and B Smove
Exp
Since 2018
We use the Superdrug sim on an iPhone and tether another I phone and a fire stick to it. It works perfectly in Spanish Pyrenees and all over France so far.
Truly is unlimited data with very good reception in our experience.
You can stop and start it as well if you aren’t away.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I changed the settings but still would not produce a decent signal to drive my firestick, It could just be the area I was in.
Did you try changing networks?

6½ weeks in France & Spain only had one place where I couldn't stream. It's in my Mifi with a roof mounted MIMO Poynting aerial.

A big problem with using the Three network when roaming is speeds are throttled when connected to their preferred partners very much so but even when you change networks its still throttled. Also won't allow you to connect as many networks as other providers.

Leisure man

Free Member
Feb 19, 2018
Funster No
I've just used one for 3 months in a TP Link mifi in France, Spain and Portugal. Works fine - with various phones, tablets (iPlayer and Netflix) and a laptop connected to it, plus an Android Auto stereo head unit in the van - Spotify / BBC Sounds / Google Maps satnav - all whilst on the move, and with no worries about data limits. Lovely.

You may have to change the APN settings on your device / phone for it to roam, but it only takes 2 minutes. You also need to have first used it in the UK before heading into Europe.

Unfortunately, I suspect that will be the last time things are so easy. By next summer I predict there won't be any unlimited roaming providers left. Three Mobile, who Superdrug piggy back onto, have already announced this. Looks like local simcards and faffing with VPNs if you want to easily access BBC services, etc. :(

Leisure man

Free Member
Feb 19, 2018
Funster No
I have a TP myfi with superdrug Sim. Just driven through France now in Spain and although it worked when set up in the UK I can’t fathom the APN settings any help appreciated.

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
I have a TP myfi with superdrug Sim. Just driven through France now in Spain and although it worked when set up in the UK I can’t fathom the APN settings any help appreciated.
Hi Leisure man - you need to use the TPLink app from your phone to access the settings on the Mifi. You can then add a new APN. Then for the new APN, use the following values -
APN - superdrug.net (all lowercase)
Username - leave blank
Password - leave blank
Then save, and if you now use this new APN rather than the original 3Mobile one, all should be good.
Hope this helps.

PS - the Superdrug Mobile website also gives additional settings for MMS when setting up the APN - however these fields are not available in the TPLink app, but you don't need them anyway.

OP
OP
Neil S
Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
I’ve activated my sim
put it in an old iPhone 8
changed the APN settings and it works fine
Do I need to reset the settings if I move it to maxview roam unit ?

Leisure man

Free Member
Feb 19, 2018
Funster No
Hi Leisure man - you need to use the TPLink app from your phone to access the settings on the Mifi. You can then add a new APN. Then for the new APN, use the following values -
APN - superdrug.net (all lowercase)
Username - leave blank
Password - leave blank
Then save, and if you now use this new APN rather than the original 3Mobile one, all should be good.
Hope this helps.

PS - the Superdrug Mobile website also gives additional settings for MMS when setting up the APN - however these fields are not available in the TPLink app, but you don't need them anyway.
Thanks for that, no worky still. Will look at the Superdrug site again.

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
So will the Superdrug sim work through France and Spain once the apn has been applied?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back