Summit 640 underbed dimensions (1 Viewer)

Rookie

Free Member
Mar 4, 2019
Funster No
Is anyone here able to confirm the dimensions under the bed platform in the Summit 640. Height to underside of aluminium cross rails, and width. Also height of aluminium frame would be useful.

Also, do the side matress’s sit in a slatted bed frame, or directly onto the side box sections.

Iam trying to work out whether I can get my bikes under (front wheel out), or whether I will have to raise frame slightly.
With thanks.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I can't comment specifically on the Summit 640, but the base of the beds all the globecars I looked at were approx 680-700mm above the cabin floor IIRC - too low for a MTB or road bike without the front wheel on - so we went for the Revolution instead and can get bikes in the back with or without wheels...
the issue is the rear of the saddle becomes the highest point when you remove the front wheels as the bike pivots on the rear wheel and the saddle height actually rises - unless you drop / remove the seat post ;)
when I looked into it, I would have had to raise the bed by about 50-60mm iirc to get sufficient clearance to get a bike in vertically without front wheel

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rookie

Free Member
Mar 4, 2019
Funster No
I think the side mattress arrangement might be different on the 600 and 640?

I’m aware of the Revolution, but not for us.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Is anyone here able to confirm the dimensions under the bed platform in the Summit 640. Height to underside of aluminium cross rails, and width. Also height of aluminium frame would be useful.

Also, do the side matress’s sit in a slatted bed frame, or directly onto the side box sections.

Iam trying to work out whether I can get my bikes under (front wheel out), or whether I will have to raise frame slightly.
With thanks.

Firstly, here's a pic of the mattress on the lats - it just sits on top.

20190304_220646.jpg

The measurements:

1. Floor (No carpet) to base of metal bed support: 682mm

2. Width of rear garage (this takes into account the gas locker which protrudes slightly): 1222mm.

3. Depth (length) of garage on the left side: 1505mm.

4. Depth (length) of garage on the right side: 1316mm

Serials 3 and 4 are different because of the large wardrobe on the right side of the van which encroaches slightly into the garage space.

Regards,

Andrew

OP
OP
R

Rookie

Free Member
Mar 4, 2019
Funster No
Many thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.