Sully sur Loire entrance to Aire (2 Viewers)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi
Has anyone managed to access the aire in a large Motorhome or seen others access it whilst they're there?
I’m planning this summers trip and it seems a good stop over but looking at a photo of the entrance, it seems to have a chicane of rock and wooden posts.
Mine’s an 8.7m tag.
Can you drive up the kerb and over the grass if not?
Thanks

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We did it at 8.2m ?

fairly easy

but first time we went, the road to the aire was closed due to road works, we were diverted down a slope to a large grass area by the riverside with around 40 MH’s already parked , we thought it was the aire and stopped overnight for free ? only realised when we drive out past the ‘real’ aire in the morning

we had noticed a few that appeared to drive right through and not stop, now presume they went to the aire

I wonder if this riverside area is an unofficial option at any time?

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Drive past that entance (right at the roundabout) for approx 50 yds to the 'overflow' part of the aire, no barriers, and you are still able to access the services through a gap in the fence. You'll need a bucket for the grey waste emptying, and a water container for the fresh water.
We've accessed through the 'chicane', very slowly, in our van..8 metre tag.
Also seen vans scraping the wooden posts.

Allen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
You have to drive through the chicane in order to get on the proper Aire. As others have said you can use the overflow area at the back. We were there in the spring a couple of years ago and the Aire was nearly full. I suspect that it will be very busy in the summer and the overflow area may be full of cars. But nice place to stop and the town and chateau are nice too.

Edit: we made it through the chicane in our 7.5m van, but it was slow going. Not sure with anything much longer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Thanks everyone.
Having not been before I wasn’t aware of the overflow so thank you all for that too.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
It’s a bit of a squeeze in our 7.5m A class but we’ve managed it several times without modifying the bodywork.
Last time we squeezed through only to find there were no spaces and had to squeeze back out again............not good for the nerves but Robert Clark thought it was amusing as he watched us. :giggle:
We, and loads of others, just parked on the overflow section at the back.

It's a nice little town and the walk from the aire, through the woods, to the town and chateau is lovely.

Richard

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back