Rally Stratford River Festival, Theatre, Butterfly Farm & Boot Sale Rally July 2019 - Fully Booked (3 Viewers)

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
As I happened to be in Stratford today I checked out my route into the racecourse. From the Alcester A46 side it seems badly signed (brown ones)(unless I missed some covered by trees etc). Knowing Stratford the town centre is usually hard to drive around and I guess it will be worse at festival time.

Most Funsters will know I guess if they have been there before. But, even on my motorbike I went wrong twice.

Just a heads-up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As I happened to be in Stratford today I checked out my route into the racecourse. From the Alcester A46 side it seems badly signed (brown ones)(unless I missed some covered by trees etc). Knowing Stratford the town centre is usually hard to drive around and I guess it will be worse at festival time.

Most Funsters will know I guess if they have been there before. But, even on my motorbike I went wrong twice.

Just a heads-up.
That might really help some coming from that direction (y) Would definitely avoid the centre of Stratford.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
That might really help some coming from that direction (y) Would definitely avoid the centre of Stratford.
Even if coming from other directions it may be best to use the A46 ring road and come in on the Alcester Road.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
****************************************************************************************

Last call for this Rally as we may have a place or two available so please message today :active: as finalising everything on this one to focus on planning & admin for Lymington shortly.

*****************************************************************************************

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Fredfox have sent you a PM - please click on your Inbox in the top right corner of this web page.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone who is interested in visiting the RSC here's what's on https://www.rsc.org.uk/whats-on/fil...ford/when/2019-07-05/2019-07-08/view/calendar - looks like the plays still have some availability & lots of tours too.
We are likely to be quite busy but if anyone wants to propose & organise a group visit to any of these then please post on here & we/you can add an extra thread if there's a demand.

2651-measure-rsc-website-images_hub_1440x1368_v3.tmb-img-820.jpg

You may recognise one of the cast - Les Dennis on the left!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
There are free exhibitions all weekend at the RSC. At 12pm & at 3pm on Saturday & Sunday in The Dell gardens there are performances - Julius Caesar, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Kate (Taming Of The Shrew) & Troilus & Cressida https://www.rsc.org.uk/events/the-dell & all free (y) Hope we get weather like this again:

thedell-shakespeare-live-by-sam-allard-2018.tmb-img-912.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As we don't know when we can fit this in - if anyone wants to propose & organise a group visit to The Butterfly Farm http://www.butterflyfarm.co.uk/attraction/index.php - a short walk from the festival area & Tesco Clubcard vouchers can be used for entry https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/boost/stratford-upon-avon-butterfly-farm/UK-009620.prd then please post on here & we/you can add an extra thread if there's a demand.

ChristmasAfrica.jpg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Is anyone interested in going along to Cafe Chutneys https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...Stratford_upon_Avon_Warwickshire_England.html on Sunday 6pm for an Indian Meal? Know it's a popular choice for those staying at the Racecourse as although the building doesn't look very good from the outside we understand that it's fine inside & most think that the food is good. We haven't been before but if might be worth a try as it's across the road from where we turn off for the entry to the Racecourse so a walk away https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...d_upon_Avon_Warwickshire_England.html#MAPVIEW

ls.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We are fully booked now :hi5: & working on arrival instructions which will be sent out soon :active:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Rally Field map below as an attachment & key:
Dotted Blue Line Evesham Road.
Dotted Green Line Luddington Road.
Dotted Purple Line Route through Touring Park Campsite and Racecourse to Rally Field.
Red Lines crossing point across race track.
Yellow Dot Rally Field.
Green Dots water taps - stables one in Touring Park can be driven up to but one at back of toilet & shower block not accessible with motorhome.
Pink Dot Elsan point by tower
(for RVs there is an alternative black waste dump point in the Touring Park Campsite)
Dotted Orange Line Footpath to kissing gate and onward to Greenway and Stratford town.

Attachments

• Stratford Race Course Rally Map 1.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Wombles, we would be interested in going for an Indian meal on the Sunday evening.
Thanks Chris & Jeff
That's good :) - just waiting for callback from the restaurant to double check that they are fully open that evening then we will book direct 01789 204427 & ask everyone who is interested to do the same mentioning Motorhome Fun group so hopefully they can sit us all in one area.

Last edited:

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
last time we booked they couldn't cope with our large party of 26:sun::sun:

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
it was 1hour wait for 14 of us 4 the starters then charged extra 4 pompodoms and then no coffee although on menu. Prior to us visiting the restaurant to see if they could cope with the number they assured us no problem. At the end of the meal we complained about the service and all they did was shrug their shoulders and smiled :sun::sun:

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Obviously..... ?

I was assuming people had stayed there before?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Obviously..... ?

I was assuming people had stayed there before?
Like other racecourses & many other rally fields it has been flooded historically - often the reason why some of these areas haven't been built on. The exception to this is the field we use at Lymington where last year we had prolonged torrential rain on arrivals day but it drained away as soon as it stopped much to our surprise & delight especially with a lot of RVs arriving! Most rallies are in the summer months not only because it should be warmer but also in the hope that there is less chance of rain :pray2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you toledo for feedback - we will expect slow service but we can't resist a curry :inlove: so we have booked now for Sunday 7th July 6pm. If anyone else loves a curry too then please call the restaurant on 01789 204427 (open evenings) to book a table giving your name & mentioning Motorhome Fun group so hopefully they can sit us all in one area then let us know on here so we can add you to the list.
Booked:
Wombles - Karen & Alan
Emmit - Derek & Mary
Interested:
welshcake lady - Chris & Jeff

Last edited:

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
We will be at the rally field from Tuesday 11th onwards for the stratford motorhome show in the past after our ordeal of everyone flooded out by the racecourse we tend to go on the right hand side of the gate as the ground is higher there but a bit rougher and had no problems.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Rally Field map below as an attachment & key:
Dotted Blue Line Evesham Road.
Dotted Green Line Luddington Road.
Dotted Purple Line Route through Touring Park Campsite and Racecourse to Rally Field.
Red Lines crossing point across race track.
Yellow Dot Rally Field.
Green Dots water taps - stables one in Touring Park can be driven up to but one at back of toilet & shower block not accessible with motorhome.
Pink Dot Elsan point by tower
(for RVs there is an alternative black waste dump point in the Touring Park Campsite)
Dotted Orange Line Footpath to kissing gate and onward to Greenway and Stratford town.
As some of you have had trouble opening the map PDF here's it as JPEG copied & pasted:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Never had an Indian meal, would possibly like to try it on Sunday.
You will welcome to join us - it may end up as quite a big group so please book a table with the restaurant (see post #296) if you do want to come along then they will seat us all together or near each other :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back