Storage in 125 Accordo (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Having just taken delivery of a new 125 we are finding storage space for pots/pans etc very limited in the accommodation space.

Plenty of room in the “garage” type storage under the bed but access from the living area requires the bed to be lifted. There are two sliding boards that can be removed in order to carry long items when required. However, they are required to form part of the support for the bed.

Has anyone managed to remove/replace them with something that allows access without lifting the bed?

AF3C7B8E-31F3-4ADB-90B3-0A9EEFF8143C.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you put a bridge support in (ie piece of timber) you can replace the top panel with a curtain then you can use crates to store heavy/tinned stuff etc under the bed, that's what we did when we had a Globecar Familyscout with similar panels, we left the top one out (it wasn't needed for the bed anyway) and all the dog food went under there.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
PS: don't forget to change your motorhome type in your profile.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Not the same motorhome or the same area but our AT Savannah has the half dinette option with considerable storage space underneath. It was a right pita to lift the seat base cushion and slatted support to access so I removed the front panel, made up a frame to support the slats \ cushion and installed a couple of drawers.
Guess you could do something similar (framing) but use the panels as doors to access the space.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Not the same motorhome or the same area but our AT Savannah has the half dinette option with considerable storage space underneath. It was a right pita to lift the seat base cushion and slatted support to access so I removed the front panel, made up a frame to support the slats \ cushion and installed a couple of drawers.
Guess you could do something similar (framing) but use the panels as doors to access the space.
Our Globecar dinette seats had drop down side flaps so we could get at stuff that way, so another option/way to alter the existing seating to make it more accessible.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Our Globecar dinette seats had drop down side flaps so we could get at stuff that way, so another option/way to alter the existing seating to make it more accessible.
This is a picture of the seat before "conversion".
1572950065629.png

The panel at the bottom is the one removed and I built in a drawer at either side of the seat belt mountings.
I did consider drop down doors but it's a tight space between the drivers seat and the panel and given the depth of the under seat area it would be difficult to get to stuff at the back.
The major downside is that despite my best efforts to maximise the height the best I could get was about 1/2" lower than the height of a wine bottle!:(:cry: So, we just have to drink them in one sitting!:):giggle:

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
This is a picture of the seat before "conversion".
View attachment 343639
The panel at the bottom is the one removed and I built in a drawer at either side of the seat belt mountings.
I did consider drop down doors but it's a tight space between the drivers seat and the panel and given the depth of the under seat area it would be difficult to get to stuff at the back.
The major downside is that despite my best efforts to maximise the height the best I could get was about 1/2" lower than the height of a wine bottle!:(:cry: So, we just have to drink them in one sitting!:):giggle:
That looks great but, on our m/h, the dinettes seat is taken up with the space heater, and there is no capacity.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That looks great but, on our m/h, the dinettes seat is taken up with the space heater, and there is no capacity.
Ah, I did wonder about that, the later Globecar Campscouts have the Truma under the dinette too which we think is silly, fortunately the one we owned still had it under the bed.

If you haven't already got them I'd suggest getting some of the pans that have removable handles such as Tefal Ingenio ones, they sit inside each other and take up a lot less space than a conventional pan with a fixed handle so you might find they will fit in the upper lockers. We also have a tea/coffee/sugar set which has it's own little shelf which I've put on the side panel of the fridge, this makes them easily accessible and saves precious locker space. The below website is one I did for our Globecar but it may give you some ideas on space saving, storage etc:

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks again Minxy Girl .

Yes we have the stacking pans with interchangeable handle, bought when we had the PVC.

We were fully involved yesterday in moving our gear into the new m/h. We were surprised that we managed to get so much into the living space. The garage space is enormous and less than half filled, although we have now moved everything in.

We have less space immediately available for food supplies but, since we reckon that we have upwards of five meals in the cupboards, plus the fridge, any additional supplies can be in the garage and transferred when needed. When travelling in France, where we spend six months each year, we prefer to use the markets etc for “fresh” foods on a daily basis anyway.

We will test our storage layout on our first trip away.

Thanks for the link to your guide which I will read later. Your advice, which I have read regularly on the Forum is always welcome.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We just have enough food easily accessible for a week with the rest being in crates in our 'cellar' (large internal floor locker) which is just inside the hab door and puts the weight nearer the front axle. The underbed wardrobe which I put a shelf in was going to be used for food but now has shoes and teabags/coffee sachets in the bottom with pans, dish drainer and trays on the top shelf with cereal at the side (always a pain to store anywhere!). Whilst the pans would have fitted in the two very large drawers under the hob I envisaged the drawer fronts getting chipped/scratched as hubby removed and put them back so at least this way he can't do any damage ... hopefully!

Make sure you take yours to a weighbridge once fully loaded to make sure that you are still within the axle limits especially if putting heavy stuff in the garage.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back