Stopping rattles etc before a road trip (1 Viewer)

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
So on Tuesday we are off on a road trip, being new to motorhomes in February and only getting a few days use before shut down 2 things bothered me, use of space and the constant rattling of all sorts of things.

So we did a mini trip on Thursday, 3 nights one wide camping and 2 on a site, the idea on the site was to be in a place with water, drains and power but to run off grid to establish how long we could realistically expect to be independent.

Turns out 3 days is easy and 5 should be doable if moving and using toilets in supermarkets/services etc

Saturday I spent the day emptying every cupboard, photographing them and marking there sizes etc, same with the fridge, microwave and oven etc.

Then drew up a long list of containers to buy as well as other kit etc, home Sunday ordered lots of stuff etc, and went to Ikea yesterday.

Spent the day today, making custom inserts for draws, top cupboards, base units, lockers. Used pipe insulation to stop hangers sliding in wardrobes (heard that on here) added usb charge points, made an expanding stay for the habitation door, fixed the handle position on the front skylight, fitted bottle holders under a bench seat, fitted a second leisure battery, changed the fittings in the bathroom and placed containers in the fridge with will not move no matter how hard I brake, put transit clips on the grill pan, oven racks and modified plate racks etc.

Loaded the van ready for the trip (except fridge and freezer content) took it for a drive, including a bumpy road that drove me made last week.

One very faint rattle, but only on the bumpy road.

Tomorrow modifying the bike rack to become a fold down BBQ area for my cobb and ooni pizza oven including new gas point.

Currently peeping and vacuum sealing meals for the freezer / ice box

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Bubble wrap and non slip matting in cupboards and drawers😊👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Busy boy!
I got my wife to hunt out a rattle on our last drive whilst on the move! Ended up being a shelf in the fridge.
lots of towels, foam, anti slip mats all help.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
There is always a rattle you struggle to track down. It can move around just to annoy you even more. :banghead:

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Make sure all cupboards are securely locked and closed tight.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
t-towels are great for stuffing into nooks and crannies to stop stuff rattling. I collect them from different places sad I know 😜

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Ha, ha, you’ll never get rid of all the rattles. They’re part of motor homing. I don’t hear them now unless they change. As has been mentioned, tea towels and more tea towels.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
No wonder you need a holiday. Turn a Nelson's ear and take out one rattle each journey. 50 journeys and you will be sorted :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back