LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
My driving licence was due to expire on 09th September, and having read through the DVLA bumff found out that I should have had a reminder from them. Then I saw on the news that there is a 10 week back log at the DVLA, so applied straight away. I applied on line on Thursday afternoon and received my new licence this morning! Not even 48 hours šŸ˜±Credit where credit is due - well done the DVLA.
Just hope my husbandā€™s application to get his C1 entitlement back is also successful.

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
I applied on line for an updated licence Tuesday and it arrived Friday
I have bought 2 vehicles in the last month and the new V5's have come through within a week of the sale each time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
On line applications are no problem as no humans are involved.
Just wait until you need a postal application or medicals are involved that require human intervention.
Almost 4 months for my license renewal which came through just a few days before we were due to leave for France and only after a lot of chasing.
DVLA is an absolute shambles.

Richard.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
We bought a new car this week and received the V5 in this mornings post.
online transactions are going through in days but anything that is done manually is taking weeks.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
My renewal was slightly complicated in so far as I wanted to drop my C whilst keeping my C1 and also renew my photo.
Sent on the Saturday and new licence received on the following Thursday at no cost whatsoever.
Like the OP, I think a very good service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back