Stellantis not servicing/repairing motorhomes (2 Viewers)

Jun 4, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
We booked our 79-4T (22 plate) for its FIRST SERVICE - 2years - way back on January 4th with Stellantis Chelmsford for the service to be performed on 7th March. They advised me at the time 2 levels of service, for which we chose the basic because of low mileage and cost. Had email confirmation on 4th January.

Having had reminders over the past few days via email, I contacted them today to advise that their email link for repairs?? was not appropriate and was not enabling my response!! Stellantis Chelmsford advised me that they no longer do servicing/repairs on motorhomes!! WTF!! They last sorted a couple of warranty issues on our motorhome in June last year.

They advised that this policy change was for Health & Safety reasons.

If we cannot get this service done before 1st April our warranty could be void!! We are booked on Eurotunnel for 17th March for a 7 week trip!

Has this happened to others??

This is a SHAMBOLIC Treatment of customers by Stellantis.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Frustrating to say the least.
Is there no one else who can service commercial vehicles close to you?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
That’s bad form!

Do you have 2 year or 3 years warranty

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Is it Stellantis Group or Stellantis Chelmsford? Not heard of that issue from Fiat Professional.

Sounds more like a dealer comment when they use H&S, can you not get an independent garage who do light commercial vehicles to do it to the manufacturer spec, you should be covered then.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Is the service for the base vehicle or the Habitation? If it’s for base vehicle you could look for a garage who will service vans, it should not invalidate your guarantee

OP
OP
RayD
Jun 4, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
Frustrating to say the least.
Is there no one else who can service commercial vehicles close to you?
I have found out that there’s an SMMT agreement that any VAT registered garage can do the service providing they use PEUGEOT-parts and provide full detailed invoice without impacting on warranty. However, after waiting over 2 months I now have to organise in less than 2wks!!

OP
OP
RayD
Jun 4, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
Is it Stellantis Group or Stellantis Chelmsford? Not heard of that issue from Fiat Professional.

Sounds more like a dealer comment when they use H&S, can you not get an independent garage who do light commercial vehicles to do it to the manufacturer spec, you should be covered then.
See reply to Howard B

Apparently, H&S checks took place for all Stellantis garages.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
What or who is Stellantis?
Can't the dealer you bought it off do it.

OP
OP
RayD
Jun 4, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
What or who is Stellantis?
Can't the dealer you bought it off do it.
Stellantis UK are the main Peugeot dealers in the UK (was previously known as Robins & Day).

My issue now is that after waiting more than 2months for this service I have to rearrange with another garage in less than 2weeks!!

Feb 9, 2011
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2002
A couple of dealers down here won't do motorhomes due to the cost of repairing them if they damage it.

Feb 9, 2011
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2002
More likely a cost/benefit analysis should there be any damage. My local garage commercial dealer first tried to say that motorhomes wouldn't fit on the ramp and I evidenced that my MH was the same sizes as a L3H3 panel van; the service manager stated that a small reversing bump had cost them multiple £1000s, which in a panel van probably would have cost them a bumper at most.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Can you not have it serviced while away, why not look up garages in France and email asking them as the warranty is Europe wide.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Can you not have it serviced while away, why not look up garages in France and email asking them as the warranty is Europe wide.
The issue will be no one (dealers) wants to do them unless you purchased the vehicle from them, this always amazed me how the motorhome industry gets away with this, imagine doing that with a car and being told no sorry you have not brought it from us so we aren't touching it.
The base vehicle service will be done anywhere but not the conversion side and any warranty work.

Feb 20, 2024
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L
We are in Chelmsford too, must say it is an absolute pain to get any work done on our motorhome. We have had this problem with this garage previously. Have you tried Salmon cars in Weeley? I know its a bit out of the way but we had the van checked there for a recall and they do Fiat servicing.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I am aghast that the company, having had the OP as a customer several times and then taken his booking for the service, did not see fit to advise him of the change of policy.

Furthermore, if it was only service of the base vehicle, what is the H&S difference from a normal van?

The company needs to be black listed.

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
When my Malibu needed its first service, I looked around locally for Fiat Professional garages and Glyn Hopkins Chelmsford came up on google. I called them and they eventually said they could do it, so I booked in. I then had a message a few days later to say they couldn’t fit my van in. I called them again to find out what was going on and was promised a call back. Nothing happened, so I made a complaint and the service manager called me a few days later and said they could fit my van in. He gave me a quote but in the meantime I had booked into HTC Belvedere whose quote was nearly £200 less than Glyn Hopkins.

HTC at Belvedere is on an industrial estate miles from anywhere with no busses near by, so I spent over 6 hours sat in their reception (I was there over 4 hours before they even started on the van). My Fiat warranty was only 2 years so after that I decided I would go to an independent and was recommended Les Bateman in Rochford. Since then I have been taking my van to them for servicing and MOT. They can also do habitation servicing if required, but I haven’t used them for that

Cheers

Trevor

OP
OP
RayD
Jun 4, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
We are in Chelmsford too, must say it is an absolute pain to get any work done on our motorhome. We have had this problem with this garage previously. Have you tried Salmon cars in Weeley? I know its a bit out of the way but we had the van checked there for a recall and they do Fiat servicing.
After checking with SMMT and my local garage that we get our car repairs, etc. unfortunately they couldn’t fit us in. Now arranged to take to Choose Leisure in Canterbury for this service. They had moho booked in for habitation check next week, anyway, now it’s a 2day job but they’ve agreed to fit us in. Another GOLD Star service from Choose Leisure!!

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
When my Malibu needed its first service, I looked around locally for Fiat Professional garages and Glyn Hopkins Chelmsford came up on google. I called them and they eventually said they could do it, so I booked in. I then had a message a few days later to say they couldn’t fit my van in. I called them again to find out what was going on and was promised a call back. Nothing happened, so I made a complaint and the service manager called me a few days later and said they could fit my van in. He gave me a quote but in the meantime I had booked into HTC Belvedere whose quote was nearly £200 less than Glyn Hopkins.

HTC at Belvedere is on an industrial estate miles from anywhere with no busses near by, so I spent over 6 hours sat in their reception (I was there over 4 hours before they even started on the van). My Fiat warranty was only 2 years so after that I decided I would go to an independent and was recommended Les Bateman in Rochford. Since then I have been taking my van to them for servicing and MOT. They can also do habitation servicing if required, but I haven’t used them for that

Cheers

Trevor
if you ever had to go to htc again if you turn right out of the gate and there is a bus stop there the bus goes to woolwich

Feb 20, 2024
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L

Cheers

Trevor
We have been to HTC too, a pain because its on the other side of the river. A good one for MOT if you don't need a service is the council MOT place. Thank you for the recommendation of Les Bateman. We are really in need of places we can go for servicing and repairs in mid Essex.

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
if you ever had to go to htc again if you turn right out of the gate and there is a bus stop there the bus goes to woolwich
Thanks but I’ll not be going back to HTC, it’s much easier going to Rochford 👍

Cheers

Trevor

Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner i681
Exp
Since 2018
After checking with SMMT and my local garage that we get our car repairs, etc. unfortunately they couldn’t fit us in. Now arranged to take to Choose Leisure in Canterbury for this service. They had moho booked in for habitation check next week, anyway, now it’s a 2day job but they’ve agreed to fit us in. Another GOLD Star service from Choose Leisure!!
Hi, did you purchase your MH from them? In the past when I needed something done and contacted them it was always ‘Did you buy from us, then sadly we can’t help you’.

I now use Dargate MOT centre for all base vehicle work, the manager has a MH so knows what he’s doing.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp

Cheers

Trevor
Looking at the website, it would appear HTC in Belvedere are a DAF Truck service station.
There is no mention of non DAF vehicles or Motorhomes.

Is this the same company ?
Are they running a little motorhome sideline ?

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
2nd that, salmons are superb if you are in warranty, I now go independent.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
We booked our 79-4T (22 plate) for its FIRST SERVICE - 2years - way back on January 4th with Stellantis Chelmsford for the service to be performed on 7th March. They advised me at the time 2 levels of service, for which we chose the basic because of low mileage and cost. Had email confirmation on 4th January.

Having had reminders over the past few days via email, I contacted them today to advise that their email link for repairs?? was not appropriate and was not enabling my response!! Stellantis Chelmsford advised me that they no longer do servicing/repairs on motorhomes!! WTF!! They last sorted a couple of warranty issues on our motorhome in June last year.

They advised that this policy change was for Health & Safety reasons.

If we cannot get this service done before 1st April our warranty could be void!! We are booked on Eurotunnel for 17th March for a 7 week trip!

Has this happened to others??

This is a SHAMBOLIC Treatment of customers by Stellantis.
Have a chat with D Salmon 01255 831000 they are near weeley caravans near clacton, when the keys were stollen to our MoHo they provided safe harbour and replaced all the locks they are or were a Fiat professional dealer and work on MoHo's the other is get in touch with Cranham Leisure they have a outlet on Malden road, they sell Hymer amongst other vehicles . I normally take mine to Adams Morey it a bit of a trek from Essex but feel its worth it

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The issue will be no one (dealers) wants to do them unless you purchased the vehicle from them, this always amazed me how the motorhome industry gets away with this, imagine doing that with a car and being told no sorry you have not brought it from us so we aren't touching it.
The base vehicle service will be done anywhere but not the conversion side and any warranty work.

The op hasn’t mentioned warranty work just a service, the reason I mentioned it was as long as he gets it serviced at an appropriate garage in Europe his warranty will still be valid.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I am aghast that the company, having had the OP as a customer several times and then taken his booking for the service, did not see fit to advise him of the change of policy.

Furthermore, if it was only service of the base vehicle, what is the H&S difference from a normal van?

The company needs to be black listed.
Hard to black list them when they don’t want to service motorcaravans!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back