Mar 28, 2021
Central Belt, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 4
Exp
Since 2022
Good afternoon one and all.
Having put it off for long enough I am at last taking up motorhoming. Unfortunately, so too is half the country, so finding my ideal motor is proving tricky. Many Google searches have brought me to your door, with the discussions on a wide ranging topics in the forum. You look like an active and helpful crowd so I hope I can join in, learn and eventually contribute.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
w2f
What sort of motorhome are you after ?
There us a classified section with some in.
There is also a motorhome buyers guide which is very useful but I think you need to be a full member for £15 to access it.
BTW its the best motorhome related £15 you will spend 😃

OP
OP
Backlanes
Mar 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 4
Exp
Since 2022
😀 thanks folks.
I’m thinking a converted panel van so we can take the byways. Probably just under 7m as I like my creature comforts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from The Cotswolds! (y)

What sort of layout do you think you want.......we’ve had 3 ‘vans in 4 years, but now the layout is right for us (I think!;))

OP
OP
Backlanes
Mar 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 4
Exp
Since 2022
Cheers!
I like the sound of twin single beds, with an option to leave them made if we use the awning when camped for a while, use them as sofas if on the move. Garage under the beds for bikes, etc.

I had been thinking of a Hymer MLT580 but decided to go for something narrower as we really want to explore.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and :welcome3:

A van conversion with fixed longitudinal twin single beds is a great layout IMHO... especially as that is our choice. ;)

A very significant proportion of conversions with that internal layout are based on the long wheelbase Fiat Ducato / Peugeot Boxer / Citroen Relay (all come off the same production line), which are 6.4 metres long.

Of the three, the Fiat is the only one available with an automatic gearbox.

Whatever you choose trust you have some great adventures. (y)

Mar 8, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E599
Exp
😀 thanks folks.
I’m thinking a converted panel van so we can take the byways. Probably just under 7m as I like my creature comforts.
Hi and welcome.

I bought a converted VW Crafter last year. It's 6.9m long. Have a look past my posts and have a look at it. You won't have to search far, as I've not long signed up.

Arron.

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Cheers!
I like the sound of twin single beds, with an option to leave them made if we use the awning when camped for a while, use them as sofas if on the move. Garage under the beds for bikes, etc.

I had been thinking of a Hymer MLT580 but decided to go for something narrower as we really want to explore.
Welcome!

I doubt you'll find a van conversion which has longitudinal sofa's which turn into single beds that allow bikes to be stored underneath in a garage.

The long sofa's/beds tend to be low with limited storage beneath to allow you to sit across a removable & collapsible table to be used for dining.

I have a feeling that you'll need to consider a rear door mounted cycle rack.

Good hunting!

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Welcome.

Providing we don’t get kept prisoners by the government in our ever developing dictatorship.

There will be a mountain of motorhomes, campers and caravans for sale when things ease.

I can tell you, a lot of people will try it, fall out over the thetford emptying and they will be on eBay in a heartbeat.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Welcome to the fun house 🤪

Not sure what your requirements are ref year/budget etc but have a look at the Carthago Compactline range which are only slightly wider at 2.12m than a PVC which is 2.05m and why we got one having had 3 PVCs previously.

OP
OP
Backlanes
Mar 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 4
Exp
Since 2022
Thanks Jonno, I have a habit of wanting my cake and eating it. 🙂

Ha, EuroT, I just hope that we dont join that crowd. Problem is I want it now. 😐

Interesting, MinxyG, I’ll have a look at the Compactline.

And thanks to the rest for your warm welcome.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. 👍

Wyn