Starburst Eberspacher mains water heater (1 Viewer)

nettypoole

Free Member
Apr 30, 2008
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2008
In June we took delivery of a new (2007) Autocruise Starburst, with which we have been very pleased EXCEPT the mains water heater on the Eberspacher heating system has never worked. The deisel part of the system works well.

Discover (who supplied it in the first place) had agreed to honour the warranty, and were most obliging but unable to solve the problem.

By a process of elimination we have decided that probably the heating element is not functioning as we have replaced the thermostat (ourselves) and power is getting to the system, but no heating occurs.

Has anyone had any similar problems, and can you suggest who may be able to help. We are in North Yorkshire.

It isn't the end of the world as we have a good source of hot water from the deisel heater, but that isn't really the point. Our local Discover don't seem to have any knowledge or experience of Eberspacher system and whilst it is under warranty, it has been at the dealers for 3 weeks to no avail, so the most sensible way forward would appear to resolve the problem ourselves.

Help please!

Oct 26, 2007
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Swift Edge
Exp
We have a autocruise starblazer with a eberspacher combitronic and have had several problems including the hot water this van was also purchased from Discover and when they had exhausted their limited knowledge of the system they sent me to Auto Electrics in Thornaby near Stockton alot of the problems appear to be down to misfitting by Autocruise.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi try sending a pm to Swiftgroup on here,if not try phoneing the factory direct,they are at Swinton,Mexbrough,nr Rotherham,S Yorks not far from n, yorks:ROFLMAO:Would not be too suprised if it was fitted incorectly :ROFLMAO:
terry

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
I think that the Eberspacher website has a list of service agents ( they don't do service / repair work themselves ). Eberspachers are used on boats so the agent may be a marine engineering place .

HTH

Harvey

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
Hi try sending a pm to Swiftgroup on here,if not try phoneing the factory direct,they are at Swinton,Mexbrough,nr Rotherham,S Yorks not far from n, yorks:ROFLMAO:Would not be too suprised if it was fitted incorectly :ROFLMAO:
terry

The Swift produced Autocruises no longer use diesel systems; they have reverted to gas so they may not have much knowledge of them .... best to find an Eberspacher service agent in my opinion .....

Harvey

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi again,may be a silly Q but has it got the eletric element fitted into it?? It may well not have, my Trauma W/H has capacity for both gas and leccy but no leccy element :ROFLMAO:
terry

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi again,may be a silly Q but has it got the eletric element fitted into it?? It may well not have, my Trauma W/H has capacity for both gas and leccy but no leccy element :ROFLMAO:
terry
You think thats a silly question, you should try working in a Garage:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I met a couple on the aire at Cleres in August this year with the same problem (and some others) on their brand new van.

After a little poking around with a multimeter, the fact was that the electric element for the water heater hadn't been fitted. I think they had been told that they would have hot water on hookup but that definitely wasn't going to happen!

As terry said above, that's your first thing to check.....

OP
OP
nettypoole

nettypoole

Free Member
Apr 30, 2008
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2008
terry

Thanks Terry - It has an element, but although the power is getting to it, there is no resistance and no heat coming from it.

Further to everyones kind suggestions we will pursue the matter ourselves and get in touch with Eberspatcher and Auto Electrics in Stockton - not all that far from us.

Cheers all.
J

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back