St Malo to Spain and beyond.... (1 Viewer)

raggyraggy0_0

Free Member
Oct 18, 2016
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2007
Hi.. need some advice on the route from St Malo to Spain .. Brittainy ferries have cancelled the sailing on Tuesday 10th December today . All ferries fully booked to spain till 22nd December ! I am 15 minutes to Portsmouth ferry terminal so has always made sense to me to travel from Portsmouth to Spain then on to Morocco,Western sahara. I have the option to go to port tomorrow night and go on the waiting list for ferry to Bilbao but and this is the but ? It a will not arrive till Tuesday morning if I can get on... My frtry ticket has been changed for Monday night crossing to St Malo which will also arrive Tuesday morning !! Really want some advice on tolls ,stopover places etc? I know I will get stung on tolls as as motorhome is A-class overy 3.5 ton. Many thanks

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Depends how much of a hurry you are in to get there .I frequently travel Roscoff to Spain and have never used tolls .
All good non toll roads ,with quite a few good free Aires / Camperstops along the way .
Viamichelin is a good helper you can download the app and a few others I believe.

https://www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/Routes?departure=35400 Saint-Malo, France&arrival=Pamplona, Spain&index=0&vehicle=0&type=0&distance=km&currency=EUR&highway=false&toll=true&vignette=false&orc=false&crossing=true&caravan=true&car=luxury&fuel=diesel&fuelCost=1.15&allowance=0&corridor=&departureDate=&arrivalDate=

Hope this helps ,others will be along to help I'm sure ,safe travels :xThumb:

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/tonkas-western-route-to-spain.99/

Last edited:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If you're no more than 3m tall you might not get clobbered too much with tolls as they tend to go on height more than weight.

Aires along the most direct routes south include Parc Puy du Fou at Les Epesses south of Cholet (huge aire) the La Rochelle P+R (Avenue Jean Moulin), and Anglet Boulevard des Plages just north of Biarritz. There's also Avenue de Milady in the south of Biarritz.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Surely the saving on the ferry cost (to St Malo instead of Bilbao) will cover the cost of tolls? Or have I misunderstood the post?
There are plenty of aires, and you can download POI's for a satnav with them in, as stated above. Personally after cancelled crossings and then very, very rough crossings I will never use the long crossing to Spain again! - but then I don't live near Portsmouth!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back