Spare wheel and Carrier to fit 2007 Bessacarr E530 Any Advice (1 Viewer)

Bessie57

Free Member
Aug 6, 2018
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coach Built
Exp
Since 2017
Hi All,

Im thinking of fitting a spare wheel and carrier to my 2007 Bessacarr E530.
Ive seen them advertised online to fit the Fiat Ducato but Im not sure if the chassis has been converted by
AL-CO and if so will the carrier still fit
If anyone can has any advice, correct part no etc. I would be most grateful.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
You need to get under and have a look really.. I would suspect the motorhome converter has placed things under the van that will stop you from using a spare wheel carrier ie water tank or pipes could be in the way.. Having looked at pictures of that model it does not look like extensions or even an Alko chassis would have been used as it look a standard Fiat chassis length.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I believe your Bessie to be very similar to my Swift Bolero, similar age. I'm pretty sure you will be on the standard Fiat Camper chassis (3500kg) so I would have thought a carrier and spare wheel would already be fitted - maybe someone has taken it off to help with payload? As tonka says, you need to get underneath to check it out - it would be just behind the rear axle. If you've just got an empty space there, well you've got your answer. However if someone has put something else there then you're probably out of luck.

Oh yes and :welcome4: to MotorhomeFun. For just £15 you can get full membership and access to loads and loads of info. Be the best £15 you'll ever spend motorhoming.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Bessie57

Free Member
Aug 6, 2018
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coach Built
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks Tonka and Terry
There is no wheel fitted but there is space to fit one.
Spares are not supplied as standard according to the dealer where I got the MH, just the emergency FIx and Go which is as much use a chocolate fire guard if you have a blow out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back