Spare Battery pack (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Sue has a TGA Breeze disability scooter which we tow in a trailer behind the van. We have been known to run out of battery power and I have had to cycle back for the van, hitch up the trailer and drive back to collect her. Is there such a thing as a battery pack which would see her home. We could buy spare batteries but they are very heavy. Any suggestions from Funsters?

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Does the thing have a range remaining or battery percentage meter?
A battery percentage meter, which drops faster and faster as the level drops. We have had new batteries to replace dud ones under warranty and have covered up to 15 miles in one journey, It would be nice to have that "spare tank," to get us home.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I think anything you take with you to charge the battery off grid will be bulky and impractical. How about stopping for a pint halfway and plugging in?

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Had you considered a bicycle lithium battery. Available in 24v or 36v, and higher voltages. From about 8ah upwards. Relatively light to carry but expensive compared to lead acid types. Will need the dedicated charger and some adapter leads to connect to your scooter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Amazon have a number of 12 volt power banks on offer to start large cars from a flat battery that are small in size and easy to carry. I'm thinking aloud here trying to be helpful because I've never tried one but they come with clamps to attach to a 12 volt battery and would probably put enough charge into your scooter battery to get you home. The link below is just one of those on offer that has a high number of good reviews.

Amazon product ASIN B06Y62KHSS

petrocspals

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
4 years
We have the same problem but we have never been able to resolve it. I have pushed the husband sitting like a Roman emperor in his chariot from many places. On scooter number 5 .This time it's a lithium battery and although it dismantled it has springs.I cannot see how a power pack would work without tAking the battery out of its casing. I have thought of writing a book.....travels with mobility scooter. He (the husband) held on to his controls as it sank to the bottom of Bembridge Harbour. A tale best told over a g&t!

ColinandDawn

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Home Brew
Exp
Yes
Hello everyone,

@Foxy1956

@petrocspals

I have a TGA Breeze too.

May I suggest coupling the two items below for a working solution?

You could consider just buying a suitable battery box and wiring in your own 12v socket - then fitting a battery of a size and weight to suit.

I can confirm, I have used this 12v powered charger for my own electric wheelchair whilst hot-wired to a free-standing battery.

Of course, the only other requirement is time - it will take longer to charge up but you will only need enough charge to return to your motorhome anyway.

Regards to all,

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOBILITY-SCOOTER-CHARGER-24V-2AMP-12v-MOBILITY-SCOOTER-WHEELCHAIR-BATTERIES/291822822092?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELECTRIC-OUTBOARD-BATTERY-BOX-CARRIER-WITH-USB-CHARGER-BREAKER-12V-SOCKET/391973389479?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back