Spanish East Coast recommendations please (1 Viewer)

Dec 3, 2021
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
We have always skipped Spain in favour of more northerly and easterly destinations, but we have decided to go, and see what all the fuss is about.

We will almost certainly be on aires most of the time as that is our preference, but fancy a decent, spacious site with a bit of greenery, and a decent outlook for a few days over Easter. Does such a thing exist - everything I have looked at so far seems to resemble a tightly packed, dusty, car park!

Any recommendations would be gratefully received - anywhere around Valencia or further south is probably where we will end up.

Hoping the myriad of experience here will save many hours of googling!!

Oh I forgot.....Not keen on loads of small people running around screaming all the time either!!

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
And there’s me thinking that most free aires resemble “ tightly packed dusty car park “, Try and get into Imperium at La Villa Joiosa, it might open your eyes a bit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Oh they totally do... :LOL: :LOL: which is fine most of the time...just fancied a bit of something different for a few days!!
Being on a popular coastal site in Spain at Easter is not really ideal as you will get some children around and you may wish that you had kept to the dusty car parks.😭
On Imperium at the moment and not a child in site.

OP
OP
Paul F
Dec 3, 2021
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
Being on a popular coastal site in Spain at Easter is not really ideal as you will get some children around and you may wish that you had kept to the dusty car parks.😭
On Imperium at the moment and not a child in site.
Yeah just googled it...looks really nice and definitely the sort of thing I had in mind.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
That appears to be true.....fully booked!
Not really surprised, we have booked our pitch for next January otherwise we would lose it.
You could try Camping Parismo or Torres but are a bit further out of town.
La Manga has been suggested and we used to spend 6 months there a few years ago.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
We are just googling on the La Manga website for Jan & Feb next year. Saying nothing available?
Would it be better to get an ASCI card?
We booked via CMC this year so might have to do that again. Or ring them?

Can you experts help please

Thanks

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We are just googling on the La Manga website for Jan & Feb next year. Saying nothing available?
Would it be better to get an ASCI card?
We booked via CMC this year so might have to do that again. Or ring them?

Can you experts help please

Thanks
We used to book through the Camping Club when we first went their in 2006 but now it’s the Caravan Club who have the rally so I believe that that is your only option.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
We liked Serena Playa, south of Roquetas del Mar. Large open tarmac car park with a few palm trees and, obviously, adjacent to the beach.

Inland we liked Huercal-Overa: a large carpark with dedicated parking close to the centre of town
Further inland, Chinchilla de Montearagon, south of Albecete, has a large, hard surface aire with a typical village high above. Very Spanish!

Gordon

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I have just emailed the site as we want to book direct.

Thanks
La Manga has changed a lot since we were last there and there are fewer pitches available and you may find that for January the Caravan Club have them booked. We used to book direct but did so while we were there for the following year.

Sue and Rick

Free Member
Apr 20, 2022
Brighouse, UK
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 155 2016
Exp
Since 2020
Camping Mar Menor is good and spacious. Lots of large motorhomes there at Christmas. Has a bar and restaurant too. 20 min walk to Los Alcazares along the sea front.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
but fancy a decent, spacious site with a bit of greenery, and a decent outlook for a few days over Easter. Does such a thing exist
Yes ,but not over easter. The spanish will be out in force
..Not keen on loads of small people running around screaming all the time either!!
That is guaranteed at easter
That appears to be true.....fully booked!
as most will be especially when in a reasonable distance of somewhere with decent easter parades.Around where I live in Lorca there is usually no accommodation of any types available for easter .all booked.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Easter is always very busy because for most Spanish it's the first outing of the year, if you do manage to get a pitch be prepared for lots of noise children running round the site all hours.😁

The shower blocks resemble a fair ground with each cubicle with dad and two or three children in them and they all have different music playing, when the cooking starts about 10 you can't see your neighbour's 😲
One night after the rush Janie was going to the shower blocks, and told a Spaniard how nice his Paella was, and came back with a plate full. 😄

It's an eye opener so be prepared, 🤔 living amongst the Spanish you get wise, if we decide to go off in the motorhome at Easter it would be in land away from anywhere with facilities or children's playgrounds. 😁😎 Bob.

OP
OP
Paul F
Dec 3, 2021
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
Yes ,but not over easter. The spanish will be out in force

That is guaranteed at easter

as most will be especially when in a reasonable distance of somewhere with decent easter parades.Around where I live in Lorca there is usually no accommodation of any types available for easter .all booked.
Oh dear....maybe I left it too late....free dusty car parks it might be until the week after Easter!

OP
OP
Paul F
Dec 3, 2021
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
Easter is always very busy because for most Spanish it's the first outing of the year, if you do manage to get a pitch be prepared for lots of noise children running round the site all hours.😁

The shower blocks resemble a fair ground with each cubicle with dad and two or three children in them and they all have different music playing, when the cooking starts about 10 you can't see your neighbour's 😲
One night after the rush Janie was going to the shower blocks, and told a Spaniard how nice his Paella was, and came back with a plate full. 😄

It's an eye opener so be prepared, 🤔 living amongst the Spanish you get wise, if we decide to go off in the motorhome at Easter it would be in land away from anywhere with facilities or children's playgrounds. 😁😎 Bob.
Maybe head for a deserted spot in the hills until the madness dies down!

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Have I got the right one......

Camping Marmenor

Looks like it is right next door to an airport isnt it?
Thats the one, a few years ago it was shared with commercial flights in the morning and Spains air force aerobatic team planes in the afternoon. It’s not commercial anymore so just a few jets flying around.

OP
OP
Paul F
Dec 3, 2021
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
Easter Monday is not a holiday in Spain so most have gone home on Easter Sunday, they have the week off before Easter.
Thanks Lenny, useful to know. Looks like I might be best advised to make my ‘Easter’ weekend Sunday to Wednesday then..:cool:

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I am very Biased

And whilst we do not have the best campsites in Spain, they are both very close to almost everything for those able bodied.

Javea / Xabia

camping javea naranjal

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back