Spain in November & December (1 Viewer)

Jun 13, 2020
Garden of England
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML T570
Thinking of venturing over to southern Spain end November into December via Eurotunnel through France. (probably 3/4 weeks total)
I have researched all the stats stuff re expectations in respect of weather, warmth/rainfall, however we are really interested to hear from those that have experienced it for themselves at this particular time of year.
We're interested in locations, availability of sites and aires, what to expect will be open off-season, restaurants, bars, attractions etc, and the general atmosphere this time of year, particularly in the coastal areas.
Thanks (y)

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Blasting through France you will find Aires open but many may have the water turned off. Getting to Spain if you want winter sun anywhere on the coast South if Valencia all the way down to Gibraltar will get you sorted. You then get a mixture of Aires and campsites along the route.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thinking of venturing over to southern Spain end November into December via Eurotunnel through France. (probably 3/4 weeks total)
I have researched all the stats stuff re expectations in respect of weather, warmth/rainfall, however we are really interested to hear from those that have experienced it for themselves at this particular time of year.
We're interested in locations, availability of sites and aires, what to expect will be open off-season, restaurants, bars, attractions etc, and the general atmosphere this time of year, particularly in the coastal areas.
Thanks (y)
3-4 weeks isn't a lot of time to go right down to the bottom and back so you could end up using 10 days at least just getting there and back and not a lot of time to enjoy it so better to stop a little bit higher up as it can be just a warm there.

We've done it a few times and love it, using aire type stope, or parking up somewhere nice, without any issues. Water isn't such an issue if you have a large tank and don't shower every day, for drinking you can always buy it in bottles, however the toilet cassette can be an issue at times as they don't have many toilets/places you can dispose of the contents so I'd certainly invest in a second cassette. The days are longer which is a bonus but once the sun goes down it can get a bit chilly especially overnight so take an extra duvet and although you can get cooler days they're don't require winter woollies (unless your a cold bum like me!).

Can't help ref restaurants, bars etc as we don't do them as we just go to chill out potter with the dogs so our days are usually full of sitting in the sun and lots of dog walks, playing in the sea etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Watch the weather, particularly over the Pyrenees and use the western rout through France for best temperatures

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
You need to allow three days each way to get as far as Valencia region from Calais so that’s around 400 miles a day. So take that into account. Consider Portsmouth Nortg Spain ferry. Each way it’s about £200 more expensive when you take into account everything. You then gave a 529 Mike drive to either Valencia region or down to Malaga. Which is one night stop on a Spanish Aire

EML

Sep 18, 2018
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
15 years
I like visiting family there in November and May (Marbella/Fuengirola area). Expect rain in November, but the temperature's good (for me, anyway; I don't do hot). Not warm enough to swim. The lack of tourists is a huge plus, but means that not much is open. The locals have to live, though, so all the important stuff is open. I'd go for it, but it might be a bit miserable if you can't get out of the van while it's raining. No idea on sites.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Just don't commit yourself to an amount of time on one site. You're in a motorhome and can travel about. The weather can change dramatically from one place to another. It can be flooding on the Mazarron coast here, and still sunny 25km north.

A few years ago the whole of Spain and Portugal had bad weather, except for northern Almeria, Murcia and southern Alicante. These areas were swamped by motorhomes looking for good weather.

p.s. the Murcia region is the Costa Calida (Warm Coast)!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back