Spain extend travel ban to 19th January 2021 (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We got flagged down today in the car coming back from Calp had a quick look and waved us through, but in the other direction six Belgium cars behind each other, and considering we have had lots from Belgium Holland and Germany in the last week, makes you wonder if they are ignoring them, because being in convoys is not slipping through the net. 🤔 Bob.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We got flagged down today in the car coming back from Calp had a quick look and waved us through, but in the other direction six Belgium cars behind each other, and considering we have had lots from Belgium Holland and Germany in the last week, makes you wonder if they are ignoring them, because being in convoys is not slipping through the net. 🤔 Bob.
Are they controlling the beaches etc still?

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Are they controlling the beaches etc still?

Thanks
Hi Jon just posted on this thread

In Javea you cannot park on the beach between the arenal and the port, but they do park at the port end parking area but it's not allowed they have a 36 hour roadside parking law, that has not gone down well with the locals. 🤔 Bob.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I’m not sure what you mean by the Belgians bob. Did they get stopped ? Do you think they were not being stopped as they were in convoy ?

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
UK Residents cannot cross to the continent at the moment.

Borders are closed.

So ferries to Spain, France, the Netherlands are operating. Same as the tunnel. But Non EU residents cannot cross To the channel.

Hull-Zeebrugge is not operating and is unlikely, at this stage to re-open.

Some airlines are still flying from the UK Too. But it’s for nationals and residents.
You will require a negative PCR test within 72 hours.

But, if you are a European resident, in most cases, as far as I am aware. You can cross traverse and cross into Spain.

So if you Are a UK resident or transiting the UK, originating from the UK and CAN provide a negative PCR test, you CAN NOT enter Spain by road or air.

However, you CAN. Drive into Spain by road if you are already on the continent or an EU resident, subject to regional travel restrictions in the country .

that’s as far as I know E&OE

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I’m not sure what you mean by the Belgians bob. Did they get stopped ? Do you think they were not being stopped as they were in convoy ?

As you know Trev anyone that lives in Spain are restricted on where they can or can't go, we are lucky because our area is bigger than some, but these road blocks are to see where we come from and if you should be there, we have loads of Belgium German and French travelling around and no one seems to bother, whether they have been tested I don't know, but if not it defeats the object, they are certainly not good at abiding by the rules, and we have had loads appear in the last week. 🤔
We still have motorhomes around, 😉 including UK 😁 how long they stay I don't know, they can't say the site was full I couldn't get on. 😁 Bob.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
As you know Trev anyone that lives in Spain are restricted on where they can or can't go, we are lucky because our area is bigger than some, but these road blocks are to see where we come from and if you should be there, we have loads of Belgium German and French travelling around and no one seems to bother, whether they have been tested I don't know, but if not it defeats the object, they are certainly not good at abiding by the rules, and we have had loads appear in the last week. 🤔
We still have motorhomes around, 😉 including UK 😁 how long they stay I don't know, they can't say the site was full I couldn't get on. 😁 Bob.
Thanks Bob.

Like I said, above. It’s ironic regarding the PCR test.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Maybe those foreign plates were Spanish going home for xmas---- working in another country----- around us we have a lot of mainly Swiss registered vehicles but we know a lot of them are Portuguese working abroad

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003

New rules for the Valencian Community

New Rules for the Valencia Community - Alicante, Valencia and Castellón

5th January -Puig announces further restrictions for the Valencian Community to come into affect from 7th January.

Ximo Puig
has announced seven measures for the Valencian Community that expand the restrictions already established and that will come into force from Thursday and will extend, at least, until January 31. The measurements are as follows:

Perimeter confinement of the Valencian Community until at least January 31st

1. The night mobility restriction is brought forward to 22.00

2. Closing of the hospitality business from 5:00 p.m.

3. Smoking is prohibited on the terraces of the establishments and the maximum number of people per table is reduced to four

4. Reduced capacity in shops to 30%

5. The number of people with social encounters remains at 6

6. Confinement is declared for 14 days from the 7th of 26 municipalities of the Valencian Community. including in the province: Alcoy, Castalla and Polop.

Please note: Benidorm is not in the list of places under confinement but the new restrictions still apply.

Cheers

Ed

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We are not on the list, but a few days ago an English couple were having a go, when it was mentioned about people going to the bars earlier because they are having to close early, she said of course we are going earlier we would go mad, it's a mental health issue, I wonder how this new 5 o'clock closure is affecting them, 🤔 someone else said is it last orders at 5 because we don't have to be home until 22.00hrs. 🙄

Some people just don't understand. 😲 😟 Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back