South west Scotland haven for peaceful chilling. (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
We recently went to one of our old favourite CL's which now has 5 extra pitches for non CCMC members.
The site is called Mollance & its just outside Castle Douglas.
The new pitches are very level to facilitate motorhomes with no levelling issues.
All pitches have 16amp electric hook-up, all pitches have stunning farmland scenery.

There is a new shower/toilet block with two separate units, with WC, sink, & shower facilities, these blocks are heated & are every bit as immaculate as the neighbouring CL toilets.
A warm welcome is guaranteed by hosts Derrick & Sheena.
Sheena's speciality has always been catering & she has began doing a fish n chips night on a friday, for £8, now thats fresh fish & properly cut fresh chips, not frozen, she will add a home made sweet for £2.
Sheena is also looking into doing a curry night, I think that will be superb.

The landscaping is in its infancy, but I know how much effort they put into getting things perfect for their customers, so things will only improve, however the place already looks beautiful.

Oh & well behaved dogs are welcome.
Please excuse my dodgy photography (its difficult to photograph a loo block lol) however, I'm sure you'll get the idea.
Mollance 2020 8.jpg
Mollance 2020.jpg
Mollance oct 2020.jpg
Mollance sept 26th 2020.jpg
Mollance sept 2020 2.jpg
Mollance sept 2020 6.jpg
Mollance sept 2020 14.jpg
Mollance sept 2020 15.jpg
Mollance sept 2020 20.jpg

Attachments

• Mollance sept 2020 3.jpg
    Mollance sept 2020 3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Mollance sept 2020 5.jpg
    Mollance sept 2020 5.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 21
Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
That looks lovely i love that area ,i think ive seen that old ruin,gatehouse of fleet ,twynholm,and kirkudbright, is where id be going if id Still got my motorhome :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 13, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T68 XV.
Exp
I will remember that. i was born in Dumfries and love the area, I need to go back to visit to do more family history. As a family we are part of the Black Douglas’s

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
We stopped off again in your area a couple of weeks ago ,on our way north .At Clatteringshaws. As we really enjoy the forestry Scotland stops trial programme which is still in place ( thankfully and despite the opposition from whatever individuals/ groups/ organisations/ clubs ).......D&G has now been on our itinerary of stops for the last 2 or 3 years .We would definitely visit Mollance CL that you have highlighted.....Thanks for posting the info

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
ambulancekidd looks great. Do you have a contact/postcode and price for a pitch?
01556660471, not to sure of the Postcode but the site is about 2 miles east of Castle Douglas on the A75.

Hope that helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back