Some first hand knowledge please (1 Viewer)

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
I’m looking to tour Slovenia in August and at 4.5t I’m getting some real mixed messages about the real need to get Dars Go box eg the roads are really bad etc etc etc .
Most people who comment seem to base their thoughts on the very short transit journey through Slovenia to Croatia .
Is there anyone out there that’s toured the country properly with a van over 3.5 t ? Cheers

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Travelling in Slovenia is easy enough avoiding motorways and the need for paying tolls.
The roads are generally good and is by far the best way to see the country, certainly much better than motorway embankments.
Remote roads may be narrow, but I can't think of any that caused me a problem.
Even the Virsic Pass was easily managable

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Just done Duino to Zadar, Zadar to Ljubljana and Ljubljana to Salzburg avoiding motorways and tolls. Roads were better than UK. Plenty of A classes on the smaller roads through Slovenia.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I have travelled in an 8m 4t van around Bled and off motorway through to Italy at Tarvisio without any problems. In fact from recollection I thought the roads were pretty good and quiet.

I have also stayed in Ljubljana on the ring road, which I believe is now toll but would have been happy to travel through the centre of the city having done it in a bus.

A Slovenian couple told me it was easy to travel from Bled to Ljubljana on the local roads but I have never done it. It was toll motorway when I was last in that area.

I have done non toll from Trieste through Slovenia to Croatia. As I recall the route was not a problem but I don’t think those roads were great and heavy traffic by comparison.

I have driven from Ljubljana to Delnice in Croatia along the 106/203, a local road, without problem. I recall the road was good, if quite narrow for a main road, and no concern to do the same again. Parked up in supermarkets and lay-bys along the way.

I hope to visit the Adria factory in Slovenia one day but now will only need a vignette

Hope this helps wp1234

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Drove a 4250kg 7m hymer and Slovenia and Croatia was easier then uk… didn’t have a box or whatever as I try not to do motorways. Besides I think there’s only two motorways in Slovenia, one going north to south and one east to west.. never saw one. Had sat nav to avoid tolls..👍🏼

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back