So how many are going on a picnic today or tomorrow..........? (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
I still cant make out the guidelines. We can go on a picnic now but essential travel stays in place until the 29 March. Can we get fined for travelling in our van 6 miles for a coffee, picnic and a dog walk for recreational purposes?

Love to travel to falmouth and have a coffee on the headland carpark!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I still cant make out the guidelines. We can go on a picnic now but essential travel stays in place until the 29 March. Can we get fined for travelling in our van 6 miles for a coffee, picnic and a dog walk for recreational purposes?

I go that way shopping (Asda) the long way round..šŸ˜‰ and its chockablock every time... might be best to park in the swimming pool or castle carpark and walk down to the headland... the Coffee van is always there..šŸ‘šŸ¼

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We're supposed to stay local, whatever that means.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

It's only twenty days to wait what is the urgency. These controls are in place with good reason.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I was quite surprised to find that a lot of National Trusts places have their gardens open ā€œin line with government guidelinesā€. Most visitors have to use a car to get to them. I donā€™t see how that is essential travel, however tickets are fully booked.

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
I would think the whole advice about staying local is not the fact you are driving x miles to go for a walk etc. Itā€™s the fact you are driving more need to get fuel, more risk of breakdown/accident none of which would be needed if you were able to walk for your exercise. I appreciate not everyone has this ability on their doorstep, but as we approaching the light at the end of the tunnel with new batteries just try and hang on that little bit longer.

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Batsford arboretum is open for visitors with online booking and timed slots!cafe is open for ā€œtakeawaysā€outdoor tables!reccomend the chicken and mushroom pastie!now Batsford is 17 miles into the Cotswold from us so we possibly broke the law!but why allow them open if visitors canā€™t visit?We observed social distancing and have had our vaccines several weeks ago!All the experts say itā€™s difficult to get COVID in outdoor areas!,So donā€™t have any regrets about our visit which lifted our spirits considerably.šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back