Snow Flake Symbol Tyres - just as the UK weather is getting warmer! (1 Viewer)

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Following in on from a Kwik Fit thread, the subject of Snow Flake Symbol tyres came up - a requirement for Germany during the 'winter' months (Oct - April)

I posted, that as a regular visitor to Germany I was looking for 'All Season' tyres with the Snow Flake Symbol. My rational was that I didn't want 2 sets of wheels/tyres due to fairly low annual mileage (8-10k miles a year) saving the hassle of changing them twice a year and storing them

My local dealer came up with a number of options & using the EU Tyre label for comparison I decided on General Eurovan A/S 365 - size 215/70/15

My existing tyres were Bridgestone Duravis EU rating: E For Economy, B for Grip and 72db for noise

General Eurovan A/S 365 EU rating: C For Economy, A for Grip and 73db for noise

So in theory, better economy, more grip but slightly noiser

In practice:

I have not noticed a significant change in economy, but time will tell

They feel much grippier (as expected) but you have to factor in that they were replacing tyres with 2mm of tread left on them

My concerns about additional noise were unfounded, if they are noisier, then it is not audible above the rest of the noise (in particular me singing (wailing) to whatever song is playing)

Time will tell about their durability - I'll update when I have some miles on them. But I have been a fan of General tyres, in particular the 'Grabbers' used on my 4 wheel drive vehicles in the past

Now the best bit, they were only £100 per corner fitted

I'd be interested in what others are using.......and their EU ratings....

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Continental fourseasons don't know what the EU label says and don't care because I am a "brand label snob"

most likely.

I run then all year round about 10K miles and the rears will last forever I think, bit of wear on the shoulders of the fronts after about 30k, I could/should swap front to back.

Martin

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Toyo H09 all round, 6 tyres 470 euros so just over £400, excellent price and excellent winter tyre.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Nasher

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
An update on the General Eurovan A/S 365 tyres

They are an all season tyres with the Snow Flake Symbol. So ok to use in Germany as winter tyres

I had the opportunity to test them on a very icy hill yesterday

WOW!! Whilst others were slipping & sliding and not getting up the hill, my van drove up like it was dry. Brilliant!

After 6,000 miles they don't appear to have worn down any more than the previous tyres

The extra grip in the wet is noticeable (not that we get much rain here in Wales!)

I would definitely recommend these tyres

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back