• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Snooper S8100 Truckmate PRO Sat Nav with built in Digital Freeview Tuner - it is the EU Map version (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Quite a while.....though not long enough
Snooper S8100 Truckmate PRO Sat Nav with built in Digital Freeview Tuner - it is the EU Map version.

I seem to have built up a crazy large collection of Sat Navs in my pursuit of finding a perfect set up, for which I am still looking (I think I have something of an addiction to buying them, I currently have numerous Snoopers, Aguris, a Garmin and TomToms, not to mention some Android Devices), and so I have decided to start thinning them out and get rid of some of them.

It is boxed and has had a couple of hours use at most so is to all intents and purposes new. I have the 12v Cigarette Socket adapter, USB PC Lead and a USB Traffic Information Aerial to receive live traffic updates, the CD Rom and Instructions.

It is the Truckmate PRO version, and allows you to input relevant size and weight data to aid more suitable routing. You can pick a suitable icon of a Truck or Motorhome to display on the route.

It has the capability to play Videos, Bluetooth link to your Phone, give the audible directions via your Car Radio (built in FM Transmitter) and the Maps are EU Maps.

The cheapest is on eBay at £390. I was thinking of £215 plus £10 postage - NO OFFERS at this though, sorry.

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
£200 via PayPal inc delivery.

Hi,

Thanks for the offer but I think it's a more than a fair price for the S8100, which other than the loss of of a case, it's brand new.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Ian,

PM replied but I’ll have to drop out of the interest in the above.

Sorry bud,

Brian

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Just a quick update to say that this is STILL FOR SALE if anyone is interested, as Realist had to drop out.

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
I made the offer with intent on purchase but the wife said why buy another satnav when the one we have works.

So hence that’s the reason why I dropped out and this was explained to the OP, what it’s has to do with anyone else is strange if you ask me or just pure nosey.

Regards.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Does this have free updates and when was the last one.

Does it come with all mounts to get it onto the dash.

Thanks

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Does this have free updates and when was the last one.

Does it come with all mounts to get it onto the dash.

Thanks

Hi,

Just got the box out and it says "Lifetime Free Map Updates", so I presume this is still valid but wouldn't know how to check.

It comes with all the cradle, windscreen mount (unused), and the CD, 12v Cigarette Socket Adapter, Traffic Aerial, Stylus etc. The only thing I don't have is a carry pouch.

Regards

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Thanks

Did you register it as I think that’s how you normally get the updates.
If so would you be happy for me to use your name or whatever to continue with updates.

Not sure if it’s transferable.

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Thanks

Did you register it as I think that’s how you normally get the updates.
If so would you be happy for me to use your name or whatever to continue with updates.

Not sure if it’s transferable.

Let me power it up, I will log it in, and see what it says. I've had lots of these, and my memory is not what it used to be. Be Right Back.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Let me power it up, I will log it in, and see what it says. I've had lots of these, and my memory is not what it used to be. Be Right Back.

No worries ?

Just want to make sure I can update, nothing worse than using an old sat nav that says your driving in a field when it’s a new road ?

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
No worries ?

Just want to make sure I can update, nothing worse than using an old sat nav that says your driving in a field when it’s a new road ?

(or worse still, a new sat nav that says you're driving on a new road, when you're driving in a field, lol)

Hi,

Right, just switched it on, and entered all the details from the unit into the Snooper Updates Website, and it said "Your Unit is Eligible for Map Updates", and a link "Press here to continue"....I seem to recall from a previous device when you press the continue it brings up a form to fill in your details. So obviously I didn't want to go any further, so I hit the back button.

I would say it's safe to assume from this, that it has never been registered.

Regards

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
or worse still, a new sat nav that says you're driving on a new road, when you're driving in a field, lol

? yes

Ok sounds like I can update ok then.

Don’t want to mess you around so I’ll offer £200 inc p and p

Happy to Paypal you straight away.

Would that offer interest you at all.

Regards R

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
? yes

Ok sounds like I can update ok then.

Don’t want to mess you around so I’ll offer £200 inc p and p

Happy to Paypal you straight away.

Would that offer interest you at all.

Regards R

Hi,

Unfortunately not, sorry,

I wouldn't take any less than I had accepted from the previous member which was £225 posted - it is to all intents and purposes a brand new system only used for a test / play.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back