Small Batch Camping Little Stretton (1 Viewer)

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Just returned from a very nice tour of Wales/Snowdonia. First week was very hot so not a lot of walking ( apart from beaches) but on the way back we stopped off for a couple of nights in Little Stretton (Shropshire).
Campsite is called Small Batch and it’s in a great location alongside a brook. You can walk straight from the site following the brook up into the hills (see photos).
It’s quite a basic camp but the owners were great and although facilities were rustic they were very clean. Two pubs in the village we had a steak in the Green Dragon and it was superb they have set up a bar in the car park with large marque so you can eat outside even if raining.
Check it out if you like to get away from it all👍

Attachments

• 7C142B7A-0E37-4BA7-B4B0-66A5D065D80F.jpeg
    7C142B7A-0E37-4BA7-B4B0-66A5D065D80F.jpeg
    438.1 KB · Views: 87
  • B5AC352D-298A-42DE-B48D-F2B79BA154AA.jpeg
    B5AC352D-298A-42DE-B48D-F2B79BA154AA.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 82
  • EAEE9968-827B-4E77-BD90-9BE6F9240BE2.jpeg
    EAEE9968-827B-4E77-BD90-9BE6F9240BE2.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Sounds good AG 2602 , I have been looking for a small campsite with walking nearby, that is not too far away from me.
This fits the bill
I use this app https://walkingworld.co.uk/ which came up with some pretty decent walks in the area. I think subscription is about £18 per year but worth looking at as you can select walks to suit you. You can also follow the walk on the map so you shouldn’t get lost!👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Another nice little site in the same area is Foxholes at Bishops Castle.

A flat rate of £9 per person per night (+ £1 for the dog 🤨 ) and lovely dark skies.
I love being able to sit out & watch the stars at night but it's flipping annoying when a site charge for dogs. A group of us are booked in a Derbyshire site in Oct, fixed rate for the pitch which including 2 people🙄 My friend who's on her own will have to pay £3/nt for her dog making it more expensive than some of the rest of the group that are in couples.

Oops.... Sorry for going off topic!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I love being able to sit out & watch the stars at night but it's flipping annoying when a site charge for dogs. A group of us are booked in a Derbyshire site in Oct, fixed rate for the pitch which including 2 people🙄 My friend who's on her own will have to pay £3/nt for her dog making it more expensive than some of the rest of the group that are in couples.

Oops.... Sorry for going off topic!
Crazy isn't it? I can stay on C&CC sites for less with electric hookup but, like you, I am meeting up with friends.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
Was going to post this site, but I see it is already reviewed, so will add my bit. We prefer if possible to do walks from site, rather than having to pack up, drive off, and park up, so we are always looking for sites where you can walk straight on to the hills.
  • Facilities still rustic but clean.
  • Electric charged separately.
  • Line up to the peg! The pitches are plenty long enough but only just the regulation width, and everyone has to go on the left side of the pitch, so continental vans will need to go in head first.
The walking is superb.
  1. You can go straight up the valley (the footpath goes through the site);
  2. Alternatively, past the house and up onto the Long Mynd that way;
  3. Walk 1 mile south on a back road to Minton and then up;
  4. Follow the footpath south towards Church Stretton and then up.
That gives four routes up/down the hill, and we created two walks out of them. If anyone wants more details of our routes I am happy to oblige; we tend to go between 6-10 miles depending on climbing.

Tried both pubs; The Green Dragon feels like a better pub and definitely a wider choice of (local) ales; you'd be happy to find the Ragleth Inn if it wasn't for the other one; both appear to do very good food.

The site:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back