Sim Card & Vet for Norway & Sweden (2 Viewers)

Jan 7, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi All

Has anyone used an O2 sim in northern Norway & Sweden, did it work ok and who does O2 partner with in these countries

Would also appreciate Vet recommendations before we enter Norway, driving via Germany, Denmark and Sweden

Many Thanks

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Yes

We go every year with work for a few months and your probably not going to go as far north as us šŸ˜„

Get signal 4g or better while in the fjords ans can't really remember anywhere went that we didn't get signal that where I couldn't watch netflix etc

No idea who O2 partners with (I'm with O2) but I was happy as it was included in my roaming for no extra charge unlike alot of the people who where out there

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Weā€™ve travelled up the fjiords to Trondheim then across to the Swedish coast and are moving back south. O2 has been fine, usually a good 4g signal. Iā€™ve kept well within roaming limits. Iā€™ve waited for the occasional Wi-Fi stop for major downloading.
Iā€™m afraid I canā€™t help with vets.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
O2 still good signal in Lofoten Islands (4g) 12gb fair usage in EU. So cold a couple of months ago and wet watched Netflix a couple of evenings and use a Smarty sim within a mifi unit that worked well. If the 12gb is reached you can have the same plan but an extension of either 1 day or 3 days. (3 days Ā£7 ish). Unlimited data was Ā£20. Campsite wifi a bit of a lottery as in the UK.

OP
OP
G
Jan 7, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
O2 still good signal in Lofoten Islands (4g) 12gb fair usage in EU. So cold a couple of months ago and wet watched Netflix a couple of evenings and use a Smarty sim within a mifi unit that worked well. If the 12gb is reached you can have the same plan but an extension of either 1 day or 3 days. (3 days Ā£7 ish). Unlimited data was Ā£20. Campsite wifi a bit of a lottery as in the UK.
Thats good you are getting a good 4g signal, we are off in 3 weeks to that area, will be taking 02 and Smarty sims also.

Can I ask what route north you travelled, we are thinking of getting to Trondheim , via Oslo, then up the west coast island hoping to Bodo, then Lofoten.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We're on our way sort of south, currently just north of Trondheim - Atlantic road
tomorrow. We travelled north through Sweden, crossed into Norway near Narvik, got dog wormed day before (but nobody checked). Be aware the E6 through Norway is a slow road, mostly 80kph max lots of towns and villages 40 or even 30kph.

Lofoten is stunning.

As for Internet used our 3 sim in mifi until they blocked me for fair use. Now using 30gb pm plan with Lebara on phone as mobile hotspot. Everywhere had good 4g signal.

Check blog in signature for more.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Thats good you are getting a good 4g signal, we are off in 3 weeks to that area, will be taking 02 and Smarty sims also.

Can I ask what route north you travelled, we are thinking of getting to Trondheim , via Oslo, then up the west coast island hoping to Bodo, then Lofoten.
Probably too late for you know but we went up the west coast, then from Bodo to Lofoten Islands (31/2 hours) . The north of Lofoten is much less busy, less touristy and spectacular scenery. We left vis Dodingen to Skargeerget. (West of Narvik). ƅndalsnes eggen restaurant Trollstigen, valldal, ferry Eidal to Geiranger, Dalsnibba. The last few places were the highlights of our eight week.

OP
OP
G
Jan 7, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Pandas, really good info as we are off from the UK in 2 weeks time, can I please ask what parts of North Lofoten you would recommend, are the roads ok for a 7 metre van , did you go up to Senja.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Thanks Pandas, really good info as we are off from the UK in 2 weeks time, can I please ask what parts of North Lofoten you would recommend, are the roads ok for a 7 metre van , did you go up to Senja.
No unfortunately didnā€™t go to Senja went to Andenes, Sro, Myre, Grinstad. We have a 7.4m Hymer and found everywhere accessible. The only real anxious moments were travelling from Andalsnes(Eggen Restaurant) to Geiranger, Dalsnibba to then Lom. But a journey you must take.

Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
I assume you have done this trip now. We are planning a trip to Finland next June via Sweden. We also need vets for worming. Was it straight forward going to the vets. Were you stopped and checked at the border?

OP
OP
G
Jan 7, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I assume you have done this trip now. We are planning a trip to Finland next June via Sweden. We also need vets for worming. Was it straight forward going to the vets. Were you stopped and checked at the border?
Hi, Yes we have done our trip, we travelled up through Sweden and then to the top of Norway, we did not go to Finland though.
We stopped in Malmo on the way up at the marina aire , used a local vet called 'Veterinarhuset- Oresand', they were great, charged about 38 euros for administering the worming tablet and completing the pet passport. We pre booked the aire and vet via the Internet.
I did stop at the customs point in Norway to show them the pet passport, but they did not seem too bothered . We also pre registered the dog with the Swedish customs .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back