Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
Hi all just wondering while the van is not in use do you leave the silver screen fitted on outside in the winter and also constantly raining lol .I do have fitted blinds but just wondering if these screens are better does it help with moisture on inside maybe ?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We use a full cover but know some do use cheap or older screen covers when in storage - sure some will be along to advise any benefits of this. Big fans though of using silver screen covers when camping as do eliminate condensation & keep the motorhome warmer in winter & cooler in summer - some discussion on these here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/insulated-screen-covers.228355/#post-4121320

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
My van sits in my back yard all winter, never used the screan or the blinds, I keep a check on the batteries and leaks, I once had a complete cover, did not find any advantage, after draining the water I cover with an insulated box, I also have made make shift covers for the vents, keeping them partially covered, the batteries I make sure never go flat and that the all I feel I can do, no condensation has ever occurred.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
images

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I would never leave it standing unused for very long periods. I doubt that a silver screen helps in winter unless it snows, in which case it would prevent condensation on the inside of the windscreen which tends to occur just as the snow starts to melt and the moist air inside the van is warming up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dazz

Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
Looks like it’s a no no thanks all just use it in summer time or if I’m sleeping I’m it in winter otherwise blinds only when stored in winter not in use 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back