Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi Dazzer

If your wild camping and I assume that you are because you said you were in the middle of nowhere, where do you get all the water from to use your shower and where do you dispose of it all.

Jim
:Smile:

Always set off from home with 1/3 of tank of water. On last bit of journey find a petrol station with a combined water/tyre pump (usually free!!!) fill up the rest of tank (takes about 10-15 mins :Eeek:).

As for dumping pull up on side of a A road with a bloody big drain, stratigically position dump valve over drain (grey water only...we take the black home with us) and let her go. Then do a proper flush and clean of both tanks when we get home. The black tank in our last RV lasted for over a week with 3-4 of us and we only ever tended to go diving for 3-4 days at a time. We always travelled as a group of divers so there was always a car spare that we could use to fill up the roll along water drums if needed but to be honest we only ever ran out once as we are pretty conservative with water use. We sometimes took the Jeep as a toad if we were miles from anywhere but usually ended up towing either the boat or the trailer with the portable compressor (and even on 1 occasion the boat WITH the portable compressor in it :ROFLMAO:, dont you just love the payload and towing capacity of RVs :thumb::winky:)

One of the lads that goes diving with us has a standpipe in the back of his car and a couple of traffic cones, we filled up using that a couple of times when we couldnt find anywhere else. It worked really well and usually traded a "water run" for a warm shower with whoever was volunteering to go get it as most of the other guys just used tents and a warm shower when you get out of the sea diving is a Godsend ::bigsmile:.

I really miss my RV :cry:

Mark breen

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
Why do people use the showers in their Motorhomes,??i just cant understand it.
The showers on the camp sites are excellent,as much hot water as you want to use, and i love to use those rather than my own.We have been doing this for over 2 years now and have never felt the urge to shower in the Motorhome.I guess i will get a bit of stick from you all but i really am happy using showers on sites.I dont do wild camping, so perhaps thats what i ought to try.Does any-one else out there NOT use their Motorhome Shower???
just thought i would ask,hope you dont mind.Its great to get other peoples ideas and thoughts on different subjects.

Mo :whatthe:

Hi Mo,
I have read all very interesting some good comments from some well travelled people.
Mine is do what you like when you can with out any fuss remember your on holiday.
Regards"THE BREENS"
:thumb:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
as for the original poster? we just dop neither, why shower when you can just be dirty for a couple of weeks? plenty of good deodrants on the market.:thumb:

Let me know the sites you are on I will pitch up wind of you,but you could keep the flies out of my van:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back