seat swap?. (1 Viewer)

Feb 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Moncayo Mediterraneo 765
Exp
Sorry if this is in the wrong section but here goes. I own a Moncayo 765, based on a 2009 Fiat Ducato chassis. I have just returned from France on a 16 day tour (we beat the deadline at a high price but that's another story). My problem was with the standard ducato seats,. They are TERRIBLE. There are 2 metal rods that run across the base just under the material and after a couple of hours driving i could barely stand because my lower back and thighs were so painfully numb. Has any body swapped their seats for others and if so any model recommendations and problems i may come across swapping mine. Also i seem to have lost the tail piece of my exhaust along the way it was clamped on with a substantial "U" bolt, which is still there but i can't seem to find any for sale online. any and all information will be gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance. Steve.

OP
OP
Snails Pace Ste
Feb 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Moncayo Mediterraneo 765
Exp
Thanks for the reply but already did that after day 1 with a piece of 2" thick underlay but not happy with that as it made the back rest worse. Been driving HGV's for 30 years and never had anything as bad as these.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Any Fiat Ducato seat should fit - 2006 onward. Find a newish one and refit original covers.
I've never had a problem with any of my Ducato's.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I have a 2011 Peugeot Boxer which uses the same seats as the Ducato - longest distance driven so far without stopping is 565 miles (needed fuel, otherwise I would have carried on)

My seats are standard fit, but they are the ones with lumber & front/rear height adjustment - they have also been covered with breathable vinyl by a local upholsterer, but that was for cosmetic and ease of cleaning rather than comfort

IMG_1463.JPG

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Aftermarket seats????

How about HGV seats or are they too large?

What about Volvo seats best seats out there imho.

Problem is finding them without electric adjustment.

Cheers James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back