Satellite box (1 Viewer)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My van has the TV in a rotating unit - wine glass storage on one side and the TV on a pull-out bracket on the other. The cables to the TV feed down through a cut-out above the TV and are subject to a lot of movement. Excess cable is bundled into the space behind the unit along with a satellite box & a lot of other cable. The satbox was connected to the TV using a 3 metre SCART lead that was about as flexible as (and as thick as) a garden hose. The satbox front with LEDs to show whether it was on or on standby was invisible whilst the TV was in use and had a remote magic eye extended to the TV position. It was clunky to use and slow to respond to the remote. I decided to buy a FTA satbox that had an HDMI socket mainly to get rid of (the massive coil of) SCART lead.

Whilst searching eBay I came across this:

And thought that at the price it would be rude not to buy it. It took a long while to arrive and TBH I didn't think it would be brilliant - probably the usual cheapo with poor information & complex setting up menus. I couldn't have been more wrong - it's tiny, lightweight, and really well put together so this long explanation can be summed up simply: the thing is superb. It's easy to use, has the clearest and simplest menus I've ever seen, has a decent Favourites system, USB socket for a time-shifting memory stick, clear OSD, and is easy to mount and hide (it would go behind the TV if necessary). Highly recommended.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back