Free Member
Aug 14, 2016
Settle
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Sincw2014
Anyone got any recommendations for satelite meters. I have had one from the Satelite superstore which is identical to numerous others on ebay and Amazon but twice the price, they say theirs are re programmed so are different. Its packed up so looking at buying something else. As its for use in Portugal I want something that tells me the satelite, dont want to spend half an hour or more trying to tune it in with one of the cheapo ones.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
How is a meter programmed ?? it responds to a signal and usually all meters for Sat signals beep when the signal is strong

That's all you need

when I used a tripod mounted dish I had a meter built in the receiver and a compass usually took around 10 minutes max to lock on

or if you have a system like ours now you don't need one we just press the up button the dish goes up and locks on the satellite we set it to

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
depends what you want to pay...

I use a mahatten DSM-4sn meter not cheap but never failed to find a satellite and lock on in a few minutes..

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
upload_2019-2-10_19-33-25.jpeg

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
How is a meter programmed ??

The satellite transmits its identification on pre set frequencies so meters can be programmed to enable individual satellites to be locked on to.. ... Your self seeking system works in a similar way it will scan for that identifier once you press the button for the satellite you want. (y)

Over the years and as new satellite were launched plus channel movements it was sometimes required to program meters and some of the better manufacturers supplied updates via website downloads, some you could even modify to select just the popular satellites for your area or ones that were your main focus, so your meter did not have loads of satellites to scroll through that you never needed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Mine came from Maplin, almost 20years ago!. Used it in Spain with a redundant (skip dived) Sky Dish on an old camera tri-pod, worked a treat, before they mucked about with the Astra sats, and we couldn't get BBC any more!, we clubbed together and got a 6ft dish shared between several of us to get round that!. Still good but not needed as the M-H came with a satellite dome and auto seek etc.

OP
OP
Boycey

Boycey

Free Member
Aug 14, 2016
Settle
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Sincw2014
The satelite in Portugal is Intelsat 907 which is not always the easiest to find. Meters that beep just identify a satelite, not the one you want. You can spend a lot longer than 10 mins trying to find it. There are lots of meters on market from china, no instructions etc. Looking for something thats tried and tested as lots seem to be rubbish.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back