Sat Nav and DAB solution for new (to us) MH (1 Viewer)

BaggyBuoy

Free Member
Aug 31, 2017
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Hi all . Back in fold after time away from the site. Just in the process of switching from 2012 Autotrail Cherokee to 2015 IH 630 panel van. We ditched the AT Chinese radio unit for a Kenwood which is brilliant but not cheap. It also had a dash mounted screen with an additional camera which is useful as a rear view mirror whist travelling . The IH comes with a standard AM/FM radio unit - no sat nav, no reversing camera, and no DAB and only on when the ignition is live.

So my thoughts are keep the IH radio unit as is and for the time being add a Pure Highway unit to provide DAB radio whilst travelling

Install dash mounted Aguri RV750 DVR which has motorhome sat nav and has the facility to add a camera at a later date. Don't really need a permeant rear view camera now as have visibility through the rear windows but would be useful for parking. The unit can (allegedly) pick up Freeview so could be used to watch footy after the wife goes to bed(!!!) Anyone any experience of this unit?

Any other suggestions gratefully accepted

Thanks in anticipation. Mike B

john-A

Free Member
Dec 6, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
n/a
Don't know anything about the Aguri RV750 DVR but make sure you test the highway out before you fix it to the screen I had to send mine back because the control unit would not pair with the aerial even after resetting both tried all afternoon.
I was told the are reliable so I must have been unlucky

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back