Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
It will come as no surprise to many that my 2003 swift kontiki (konleaky, thought I'd save some the bother 😁) has developed a leak through one or two windows.
I have removed the inner blind cassette from one and can clearly see how the frame is held in pace with a series of metal clips, but, what I can also see through the gap between the metal frame and the wood surround is a black substance, I can't tell if this is some sort of rubber gasket or if it is black adhesive, either way it is a firm substance.
I'm reluctant to go any further at the moment until I can find out what I'm up against, but for the time being I have nipped up all of the fixing screws and placed a slither of mastic sealing strip along the top edge of the external frame in the hope of slowing things down.
Any advice appreciated. 20210117_104245.jpg20210117_104559.jpg

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I hope you get this sorted . Hopefully someone else has had this problem is the past and can help you 👍🏻

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i would think its a rubber seal most windows seem to have a seal as they are fitted to a flat surface

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmenay

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
So after much research and endless dead ends, I have discovered that these roxite/polyplastic windows which were fitted to many swift motorhomes and caravans are notorious for leaking underneath the seals rather than the actual frames.
Apparently there was a slight modification carried out by many dealers rather than replacement units, which was to drill small holes in a certain parts of the lower frame to let the water escape from the wholly useless seals at their lowest point. The holes are invisible when done as the seal lip hides them.
Has anybody had the same issues in the past or heard of the 'fix', and did it cure the problem?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Our first motorhome was a swift kontiki 1998 , it never leaked and we went everywhere in it, can't help with the windows but if you could fit a new seal or an additional seal as we did on a garage door once, https://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/ are very good if you see something on their website they will send you some samples to try before ordering. 🙂 Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back