Roof vented sog fan not always working, Switch or fan (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Like the title says, our roof vented sog has not worked a few times, but I can never get it to do it when I have meter available. I'm suspecting the switch but wondering how many have found it to be switches and how many fans?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Just had a thought, I could ask eddievanbitz , which do you sell more of?
I refuse to sell SOG

There is no way that I would mess around with someone else's PPP (Plastic Poo Pot) so can't in good conscience ask my staff to either LOL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Like the title says, our roof vented sog has not worked a few times, but I can never get it to do it when I have meter available. I'm suspecting the switch but wondering how many have found it to be switches and how many fans?
Ours has a little contact switch at the back of the place the cassette slides into. If yours has the same look for a small black switch with a metal bit sticking out from it. If you actuate the switch the fan should start. If it doesn't then you need to start fault finding. If the fan does work when you manually operate the switch then there may be some misalignment or the bit of plastic on the slide which actuates the switch is broken or bent.

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Ours has a little contact switch at the back of the place the cassette slides into. If yours has the same look for a small black switch with a metal bit sticking out from it. If you actuate the switch the fan should start. If it doesn't then you need to start fault finding. If the fan does work when you manually operate the switch then there may be some misalignment or the bit of plastic on the slide which actuates the switch is broken or bent.

Thanks DBK I know where the switch is but any amount of wiggling can't get it to fail, which is why I'm wondering whether it could be the fan?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back