Ribbit! Ribbit! Toad alarm annoyances (1 Viewer)

HardUpHarry

Free Member
Sep 4, 2017
Funster No
Hello

I'm hoping someone might have the skinny on a Toad A850T that has been previously fitted to my MoHO, a Peugeot Boxer base coach built.

I've tried to contact Toad via their website and email, but no one seems interested in replying.

Whilst the alarm's basic operation is fine, I have identified a few issues with the device and I’m hoping someone out there might be able to help.

The alarm has been configured to work via the van’s original fob.

I need the device to switch off the internal sensors (for overnight camping and when I leave my dogs in the van), but I have no override button which, according to the instructions, I need to turn the sensors off. Does anyone know if there's a possible button combination that will trigger the override function?

There doesn't seem to be a way to lock the cab doors without the alarm arming itself, so I'd have to leave them unlocked overnight, (which I'm not keen on doing).

Ideally, I'd like to be able to lock the vehicle without the alarm armed whilst the vehicle is in storage.

is it be possible to purchase a Toad key fob that includes the override button that can be programmed for the alarm ?

Could I disconnect the sensors permanently without knackering the alarm's pin switches (by simply cutting the wires to the sensors)?

Would a blob of blu tack over the internal sensor solve the problem in the short term??

I’d also like to switch off, or reduce the volume of, the chirrup arm/disarm confirmation - is this possible and how do I go about it?

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
on our toad, admittedly with a separate fob, it is 2 rapid presses on the alarm set button for turning the interior sensors off. Disarm as normal.

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I was told that toad has gone bust, don’t know if it’s true

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I was told that toad has gone bust, don’t know if it’s true
No they have not, well unless in last few weeks, we had been told that too when ours developed a fault. Local car alarm/radio place sorted ours out no problem.

OP
OP
HardUpHarry

HardUpHarry

Free Member
Sep 4, 2017
Funster No
Hello all! sorry I haven't replied to this thread, but things have been going on and I haven't had much opprortunity to come online.

Thanks so much for your replies - I can confirm Toad are still going but are now operated by Scorpion alarms. After a lot of searching about, I rang Toad (Scorpion) and a very helpful chap sorted out my problem. When the alarm is installed using the original key fobs, there's a hidden switch that, when depressed for three seconds, turns the interior sensors off. It's that simple and I didn't have to resort to blu-tack!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back