Revolut App (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Now that N&P are closing down their current accounts I am considering the Revolut card & App.

The only problem is that I do not have a smart phone but I do have a Windows 8.1 tablet that supports various apps.

The Revolut website only shows 2 ways of downloading the app, I do not use itunes and google play says that it will not download an android app onto my device.

Does anyone know if the app is only available for an android device or iplayer?

I am considering a smartphone but some of these are windows devices.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Now that N&P are closing down their current accounts I am considering the Revolut card & App.

The only problem is that I do not have a smart phone but I do have a Windows 8.1 tablet that supports various apps.

The Revolut website only shows 2 ways of downloading the app, I do not use itunes and google play says that it will not download an android app onto my device.

Does anyone know if the app is only available for an android device or iplayer?

I am considering a smartphone but some of these are windows devices.
Whatever else you do, do not get a windows phone, I have one here I will gladly give you, waste of space, and you can't put google apps or iPhone apps on one.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You can't download GooglePlay apps because they are for Android devices which your device isn't.

As far as I'm aware the Revolut app is only available for iOS and Android devices and you can't use Revolut without the app.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: JJ

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The good people of China will supply you with a good Android smart phone for £60. Not only will they do what you want you also get Satnav or mapping.

Over 100,000,000 Chinese use these every day, they know how to knock up a decent phone.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks all, that seems to have sorted that out, smartphone it is.

I don't want to spend a fortune as it will only be a secondary device, are the cheap ones any good, Argos have one in at around £60 (I can also get 10% staff discount)?

Thanks @hilldweller you must have the gift of second sight:) Your post came up as I am typing.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Of the cheap Chinese ones Cubot is a good brand I've had an X15 for over a year now, don't bother with my tablet now as the screen on the phone is so good.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We both have moto 4g, excellent in all ways, around £100

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Argos have one in at around £60 (I can also get 10% staff discount)?

And you can return it if not satisfied.

But last Sep I bought this phone for my daughter who broke her iPhone and she's been delighted with it, she's a pretty heavy user, always on facebook, uses this for all her internet browsing. Better spec than similar priced Argos. Has GPS and a good quantity of memory good screen.

Link Removed

Nov 3, 2014
Devizes, Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
For ten years
I need a new phone and this sounds great - is it unlocked for any network? Any information appreciated. Regards.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We too are delighted with the revolut card (thanks JJ for the tip)

We use an android phone... you will soon save money that was spent on a new phone

Easy to use, transfer getting a higher rate than we were with the ATM machines plus less commission paid
Ps edited due to predictive text grr

Kath

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

But last Sep I bought this phone for my daughter who broke her iPhone and she's been delighted with it, she's a pretty heavy user, always on facebook, uses this for all her internet browsing. Better spec than similar priced Argos. Has GPS and a good quantity of memory good screen.

Link Removed
we've 2 of the earlier s968's (y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I need a new phone and this sounds great - is it unlocked for any network? Any information appreciated. Regards.

If you mean the Cubot, yes. Note it is only 3G but that's plenty fast enough for FUN and the like.

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
Not wanting to hi-jack the thread, but I have just signed up to Revolut following the recommendations here! in the process of ordering a card by normal delivery & the screen/details has been loading for the last 20 minutes; doesn't appear to be going anywhere. Does anybody have any ideas please? @NickNic, @chaser, @JJ ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not wanting to hi-jack the thread, but I have just signed up to Revolut following the recommendations here! in the process of ordering a card by normal delivery & the screen/details has been loading for the last 20 minutes; doesn't appear to be going anywhere. Does anybody have any ideas please? @NickNic, @chaser, @JJ ?

It's probably just a crash/hang of the app.

Close it, force quit it (that's double tap the home button and swipe it upwards on an iPhone, no idea how to do it on Android) and try it again.

OP
OP

Deleted User

Link Removed

That looks very good, dual sim as well which will be very useful(y)

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
It's probably just a crash/hang of the app.

Close it, force quit it (that's double tap the home button and swipe it upwards on an iPhone, no idea how to do it on Android) and try it again.

Thanks @NickNic . Did a forced stop (Android) then got back into it, all OK. As you say, was probably just hung up. (y)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have just had a message up on my Revolut app that they are about to offer current accounts. As we are in central America its costly to explore, has anyone investigated this and does it come with the £85k guarantee?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have just had a message up on my Revolut app that they are about to offer current accounts. As we are in central America its costly to explore, has anyone investigated this and does it come with the £85k guarantee?
It isn't the same as a 'proper' bank account, it just mimics some bits of it and allows those without a 'real' UK account to be able to do stuff that only those with one can, there's more of an explanation in the below info which I've copied from the Revolut site for you without all the images:

Opening a current account

Opening a current account with a bank is a pain. There are a bunch of hurdles to jump through including credit checks; providing a proof of address; and trips to a depressing high-street branch with your ID.

Newcomers to any country are often presented with an impossible catch-22: to rent or buy a home, you need a bank account. But to get a bank account, you need proof of address. Sigh.

Enter Link Removed

Our latest update eliminates these hurdles, enabling customers to open a free Revolut current account from a smartphone in 3 minutes. There’s no need for proof of address or a credit check: new users can verify their account with a simple selfie and snap of their passport.

All Revolut users now have a personal UK account number and sort-code; can receive payments like a salary into their account; and transfer money to any UK bank in just a few hours.

You can find your account details in a couple of locations in the app. Tap ‘Top Up’ by ‘Bank transfer’ and choose GBP to find your unique account details. For quick-access, go to the ‘Profile’ section of the app and tap ‘Bank account details’. You can send your account details to anyone via the export button in the top-right of the screen.

Using Revolut as a bank account

This update makes it even easier to use Revolut as a bank account. Whilst Revolut technically isn’t a bank, our app lets you do most of the things that a bank does - but better!

You can receive a salary into your Revolut account and use our spending analytics feature to see a breakdown of your monthly spending by shops or categories like transport and restaurants. Plus, you could set yourself a Link Removedfor your RevolutCard to help you stick to a budget better.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
can receive payments like a salary into their account.

Isn't this send you salary into an unregulated bank account run by some mysterious person on the internet ?

And when mysterious person vanishes, then what.

OK I could gamble a few hundred pounds for holiday purposes but this looks a bit silly.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
No you don't get the 85k guaranty but:-
"Revolut's card provider Optimal Payments is FCA-regulated, meaning money you deposit is ring-fenced (in a Barclays account), so in the event there are problems with Revolut, the money's safe."
If Barclays goes bust I think you loose out.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Isn't this send you salary into an unregulated bank account run by some mysterious person on the internet ?

And when mysterious person vanishes, then what.

OK I could gamble a few hundred pounds for holiday purposes but this looks a bit silly.
Maybe Brian, not something I'll be taking advantage of but it may suit others.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
No you don't get the 85k guaranty but:-
"Revolut's card provider Optimal Payments is FCA-regulated, meaning money you deposit is ring-fenced (in a Barclays account), so in the event there are problems with Revolut, the money's safe."
If Barclays goes bust I think you loose out.
I suggest people check the exact details for Revolut CA before putting lots of money in just to be safe!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Thanks for the feedback, it was coincidental that the N&P issue arrived at the same time ish!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back