Returning to Scotland from France via Eurotunnel (1 Viewer)

Apr 10, 2017
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2013
Have any Funsters in Scotland figured out how to deal with the variation in entry rules between England & Scotland? We arrive in England via Eurotunnel so should we adhere to the English system i.e Prebook tests for Day 2 & 8 from an approved supplier. OR as we are travelling on to Scotland, Prebook (the expensive) Scottish Government Day 2 & 8 tests.

I am aware that we need tested before arriving at Eurotunnel and we will need to quarantine for 10 days after arrival in the UK.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Would it be sensible to say that if you’re doing your quarantine in England you do the English tests but if you’re heading straight home you do the Scottish ones. I’m guessing the difference in price is that English are LFT and Scottish are PCR?

OP
OP
AlastairH
Apr 10, 2017
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2013
Both are PCR. The difference is that you must book through the Scottish Government at £170 each or any approved lab in England - the lowest I have seen so far is £113.
It comes to the same thing in the end but will the English test be invalid in Scotland and would I be breaking the law?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
I think if you take approved tests on day 2 and 8, where you got them from is a bit academic. I suppose to the letter of the law, you should stay in the van whilst you're in England, but after being very pro the restrictions for a long time, having seen what went on during the Euros I wouldn't blame you for taking a leg stretch at a service station or two on the way up.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It comes to the same thing in the end but will the English test be invalid in Scotland and would I be breaking the law?
You arrive in England first.The testrequired are for there. When you arrive in Scotland you have arrived from England.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Have any Funsters in Scotland figured out how to deal with the variation in entry rules between England & Scotland? We arrive in England via Eurotunnel so should we adhere to the English system i.e Prebook tests for Day 2 & 8 from an approved supplier. OR as we are travelling on to Scotland, Prebook (the expensive) Scottish Government Day 2 & 8 tests.

I am aware that we need tested before arriving at Eurotunnel and we will need to quarantine for 10 days after arrival in the UK.
We are thinking of going next month also from Scotland. Had a look on the Scottish Government portal to book the return tests and it only seems to have a choice for returning to Scottish airports for booking the 2 and 8 day tests. I've emailed them to see if I can get an answer regarding returning by Eurotunnel or if the tests needed to be taken in England.
Will post here if I get a reply. 👍

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
I contacted a company in London, Excaliber Healthcare this morning, £125 per individual and they post 2 and 8 day tests to Scotland. So if you have to take an English test because you are arriving there you can travel home and have the tests sent to you you just post them back using the priority post box.
Will see if Scot Gov get back to me.

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
I found these at £70 per person
<Broken link removed>

I intend to use them unless I find cheaper. Not sure if they would be any good for you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back