Retrofitting a Truma D4E diesel hot water/heating (1 Viewer)

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
For the second time in 2 years my Whale blown air heater has packed up works on electric but not on gas (5 light error try to reset contact Whale support) last year when it went Whale replaced under warranty but I had to pay postage to ship it back to them and someone to remove old and replace the new one. I have had it with Whale and wondering as this van an Autosleeper Warwick XL almost 3 years old is a keeper for a good few years. whether to just get it replaced with a Truma D4E thus hopefully getting a more reliable system and one that runs on diesel not using gas saving the hunt for Autogas to fill up at ever decreasing places. Other alternative is to go through same process as last year and get it taken off sent back and hopefully repaired again under warranty which is 3 years from first registration Sept 2020, last year they just sent back a whole new heater. I haven't spoken to Whale this time as I know they will say send it back for inspection.

Does anyone know a company that could do the retrofit, I know it wont be cheap but for piece of mind it might be worth it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back