Aug

Rally Retro Festival Newbury August 2023 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
How much is it this year.

Wasn’t sure if a special price for funster or just parking close to the action?

No compulsory hook up I believe?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
How much is it this year.

Wasn’t sure if a special price for funster or just parking close to the action?

No compulsory hook up I believe?
£175 plus PayPal charges. No EHU in the Fun field.
Price is 25 quid cheaper than booking direct with Retro & of course prime position.

Mar 7, 2018
Swindon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria izola 5687sp
Exp
since 2018
We've already paid for the weekend, can we still register and camp in the funsters area or is it too late now
never attended with funsters before at any events so wanted to give it a go
Tony

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
We've already paid for the weekend, can we still register and camp in the funsters area or is it too late now
never attended with funsters before at any events so wanted to give it a go
Tony
adi4 can you help this new funster ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2011
Northants
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
20 years
1676384496967-png.716529

If you want to get down with at Newbury this August, then book this today. Book with other clubs like CAMC and be miles away from the action. Come along with us, it will be cheaper and you'll be INSIDE the showground.

You need to be a subscriber Broken Link Removed

Subscribers Only you can Broken Link Removed

View attachment 717131

If you ever want to know how something on the forum works, go to the bottom right of any page and you will see the menu item called Help/Support. Click on that and the first thing you'll see is a large search box, in this case you would type the term Membership Number, however, by the time you have typed the B of Member, we will have presented you with the solution. It works really well, give it a go.

Meanwhile, if you are in a hurry, you can go directly to that particular help file here. Membership Number
All booked get yer dancing shoes out boys & girl

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi, I sent a DM but no reply so perhaps others know the answer.
It is a question about the Retro Rally, I would like to bring my granddaughters but with only one bed in the MoHo they would need to sleep in the awning. Are awnings allowed? I presume it is a similar setup to Peterborough on grass.
Is there still plenty of space as I wouldn’t like to miss out while waiting for an answer?
Regards,
Steve

Mar 7, 2018
Swindon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria izola 5687sp
Exp
since 2018
Correct . Non electric pitches only this year
It is a question about the Retro Rally, I would like to bring my granddaughters but with only one bed in the MoHo they would need to sleep in the awning. Are awnings allowed? I presume it is a similar setup to Peterborough on grass.
Is there still plenty of space as I wouldn’t like to miss out while waiting for an answer?
Regards,
Steve
hi Steve
W
We always have our awning up marshals usually ask as they park you up so should be no problem. Did see one flip over last year in a freak little tornado in the top corner
Tony

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Regards,
Steve
Yes no problem it's a grass field.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Just booked arriving Thursday, I added my two Grandchildren but they are not mentioned on the receipt how can I check it?

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
All booked up,arriving Thursday afternoon.
Looking forward to this.
Cheers Cris.:drinks:

OP
OP
adi4
Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
List of attendees moved down thread.

Adi & Cassie

Last edited:
OP
OP
adi4
Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009

Regards,
Steve
Hi Steve.

You asked the question Wednesday afternoon at 16.11 and we replied on Thursday morning at 09.19.
As the show is about 4 months away at this point I will generally attempt to look at the forum in the morning before I start a busy days work, closer to the event I will be on here more frequently.
If it is really desperate matter my number is in my signiture below.

Adi & Cassie

I know this event is popular but I would be very surprised if we get 30+ vehicles book in less than 24 hours ;);)

Adi & Cassie

Last edited:
OP
OP
adi4
Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
Just booked arriving Thursday, I added my two Grandchildren but they are not mentioned on the receipt how can I check it?

I have checked your ticket and you have not added any extra tickets.
How old are your Grandchildren?

Adi & Cassie

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi Steve.

You asked the question Wednesday afternoon at 16.11 and we replied on Thursday morning at 09.19.
As the show is about 4 months away at this point I will generally attempt to look at the forum in the morning before I start a busy days work, closer to the event I will be on here more frequently.
If it is really desperate matter my number is in my signiture below.

Adi & Cassie

I know this event is popular but I would be very surprised if we get 30+ vehicles book in less than 24 hours ;);)

Adi & Cassie
Hi Adi, Cassie,
I am very sorry not very good wording on my part. I didn’t mean to criticise but in hindsight I did. There was no indication of the limits on numbers and I got the impression that it was filling up fast and wanted to book so asked the question again in the open forum as it was important to have the awning up & hence got the answer almost instantly, I should have done that first place rather than bothering you. Having been in France for the past 20 years we have not attended many UK FUN events other than Peterborough a few times when we were in the UK which seemed to fill up as soon as announced.
In answer to your second question it is two granddaughters under 16 and I have now found on the booking website dashboard that two children have been booked at zero cost but for some reason not included on the receipt. I assumed that the receipt would be the ticket so there would not be arm bands issued for them.
It seems a bit odd to me not experienced booking these large events but that is of course the organisers fault for not explaining properly not your’s.
Once again apologies if I upset you.
Steve

OP
OP
adi4
Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
Hi Adi, Cassie,
I am very sorry not very good wording on my part. I didn’t mean to criticise but in hindsight I did. There was no indication of the limits on numbers and I got the impression that it was filling up fast and wanted to book so asked the question again in the open forum as it was important to have the awning up & hence got the answer almost instantly, I should have done that first place rather than bothering you. Having been in France for the past 20 years we have not attended many UK FUN events other than Peterborough a few times when we were in the UK which seemed to fill up as soon as announced.
In answer to your second question it is two granddaughters under 16 and I have now found on the booking website dashboard that two children have been booked at zero cost but for some reason not included on the receipt. I assumed that the receipt would be the ticket so there would not be arm bands issued for them.
It seems a bit odd to me not experienced booking these large events but that is of course the organisers fault for not explaining properly not your’s.
Once again apologies if I upset you.
Steve
Hi Steve.

No problem, As long as people realise that I do not frequent this forum as I spend more time on the RVOC forum, I usually have a look in the morning before I start work at this point in the year, closer to the event I am on here more often.
In the past someone sent me a PM asking a question about Retro, less than 30 mins later put a post on the open forum complaning that they had not got a reply.

I have had a look at the ticketing and see that you have managed to book your grandchildren, you will not have a receipt for children under 16 as they are FOC

All tickets will be emailed out in the last couple of weeks before the start of the show, these will be in the form of a QR code wich can be scanned from your mobile device at the gate if you do not have the provision tho print it out before you arrive at the showground.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Adi & Cassie

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi Steve.

No problem, As long as people realise that I do not frequent this forum as I spend more time on the RVOC forum, I usually have a look in the morning before I start work at this point in the year, closer to the event I am on here more often.
In the past someone sent me a PM asking a question about Retro, less than 30 mins later put a post on the open forum complaning that they had not got a reply.

I have had a look at the ticketing and see that you have managed to book your grandchildren, you will not have a receipt for children under 16 as they are FOC

All tickets will be emailed out in the last couple of weeks before the start of the show, these will be in the form of a QR code wich can be scanned from your mobile device at the gate if you do not have the provision tho print it out before you arrive at the showground.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Adi & Cassie
Thanks for the explanation adi4 I will await the emailed tickets.
Steve

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Graham and Karen booked and paid arriving Thursday pm 👍
Nice one . It’s amazing how close we are as a club to all the main action . It’s literally a few minutes walk to the all the entertainment.
Get ready for a great weekend 👍

Jul 5, 2022
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLB
Exp
Since 2015
1676384496967-png.716529

If you want to get down with at Newbury this August, then book this today. Book with other clubs like CAMC and be miles away from the action. Come along with us, it will be cheaper and you'll be INSIDE the showground.

You need to be a subscriber Broken Link Removed

Subscribers Only you can Broken Link Removed

Booked and paid

Apr 25, 2017
Funster No
Buccoboy 2adults at Newbury 2023 Thurs. to Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back