Replacing Status aerial with log periodic type. (1 Viewer)

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
When not using a firestick for catch-up tv etc., we sometimes resort to watching ‘live’ via the Status aerial on the ‘van roof. Sometimes it’s ok, but other times not, so I was considering replacing it with a 20 or 28 element log periodic aerial using the hole where the Status is and, possibly, utilising the Status pole to mount the log p on......
I appreciate that I’d only be able to view horizontally polarised signals unless I tip the log p on its side, but that wouldn’t be a problem unless the only coverage was from a relay transmitter. I would be using a log p to allow coverage of most transmitted tv frequencies (wideband) and also to reduce ‘windage’ on the aerial itself when travelling and when pitched. Can anyone see any major pitfalls or offer any advice - all comments much appreciated!!!

:unsure:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I know nothing about loop aerials but getting cracking results on a Ballade supergain omnidirectional and its so small it hides in a corner between two cupboards.

Martin

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
When not using a firestick for catch-up tv etc., we sometimes resort to watching ‘live’ via the Status aerial on the ‘van roof. Sometimes it’s ok, but other times not, so I was considering replacing it with a 20 or 28 element log periodic aerial using the hole where the Status is and, possibly, utilising the Status pole to mount the log p on......
I appreciate that I’d only be able to view horizontally polarised signals unless I tip the log p on its side, but that wouldn’t be a problem unless the only coverage was from a relay transmitter. I would be using a log p to allow coverage of most transmitted tv frequencies (wideband) and also to reduce ‘windage’ on the aerial itself when travelling and when pitched. Can anyone see any major pitfalls or offer any advice - all comments much appreciated!!!

:unsure:
AFAIK the directional version of the Status is a log periodic.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
AndyPK

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Yes, it is.......but with very few elements, I believe.
I’ve got a 20 element log p now, so I’ll try it and see if there is any improvement (or otherwise!) in reception........
(y) :unsure:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back