Replacing Dometic Seitz window sunblinds (1 Viewer)

Nov 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
AT Dakota SE - Merc
Exp
Pretty much got the hang of it now!
Hi All
I have just completed replacing two of four pleated sunshine blinds fitted to my moho (2003 vintage). Original blackout/sunshine blinds had perished and split and of course, Dometic/Seitz do not sell replacement pleated material! I bought 2 x 1200mm pleated blind material from Amazon and a roll of 25mm double-sided tape. 20 minutes per blind and job done. Not too fiddly really. Admittedly, the material is not silvered inside but hey at a cost of £6 approx per blind, a lot cheaper than buying a whole new unit!!!!::bigsmile: Happy to give more comprehensive details if folk are interested, just reply to this post
blind.jpg
? I am tackling the other two later in the week!!:tounge:

missmollie

Free Member
Jul 30, 2008
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Knaus SUN TI
Exp
since 2006
Have you got a link for the material on Amazon? I need to do a couple of blinds in my van.

OP
OP
P
Nov 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
AT Dakota SE - Merc
Exp
Pretty much got the hang of it now!
Hi There

All materials bought from Amazon but might be available on eBay too.

This is the blind material

KELIXU 2 Pack Light Filtering Temporary Pleated Fabric Shades Cordless, with 4 Clips (120CMx180CM - 2 PACK, Grey)
£23.99

It comes in white, black and grey and varying widths too. The fabric has 3cm wide pleats when folded up. The channelling in which the blind runs is 3cm too but as you extend the blind, it becomes narrower so no problem and it all concertinas up nicely when retracted in to the recess at the bottom - simples!!

The first measurement is the width, second is the drop. I cut each piece in half to make two blinds. One of my windows is 128cm wide so I had to glue an extra piece on using an invisible fabric glue. Half a blind had plenty of drop for my windows but do check yourself.

This is the tape I used:

Xtra Strong Double Sided Carpet Rug Gripper Tape - Ultimate Grip Strength - (Huge 20m Roll - 21mm Thick)​

Cheers

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back