Replace Webasto Rotary Controller (1 Viewer)

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
I’ve just purchased a Webasto MultiController to replace the existing Rotary controller for my Webasto Air Top EVO 40.

I’d welcome some advice re the wiring......

The original controller was been installed from the factory with an non-OEM extension to a control panel a good distance from the heater.

I believe the new Multicontroller can / should be connected to the diagnostics plug on the heater, which I haven’t managed to locate as of yet.

Q. Have you changed a Webasto Rotary controller with a new digital Multicontroller? Can you tell me how you wired the controller to the heater?

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
ShaKen interested in this, do you have a link for the digital multi controller.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Forgot to say changed my forum name from Kraken to Sasbo.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Just found this which may help (or not🤔).

Sep 22, 2020
Shropshire UK
Funster No
MH
VW California Ocean
Exp
4th MH/Campervan - Getting progressively smaller!
This may help albeit it is in an Adria. It does show the labelling of the plug that you need once you have found it. I used YouTube auto translate which definitely has some limitations.

OP
OP
ShaKen

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
This may help albeit it is in an Adria. It does show the labelling of the plug that you need once you have found it. I used YouTube auto translate which definitely has some limitations.

Great find. Thanks. Hopefully Chausson have kept the OEM plugs in the harness and left them accessible.

And top tip, stick the video on the telly or iPad or another phone then use Google Translate to do live translation into English. I used a similar method when in Germany this year and speaking to a Vet over the phone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ShaKen

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Just found this which may help (or not🤔).

Thanks. Yes spotted that post before, which has pointed me in the general direction. Just trying to home I’m on the right plug now.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
ShaKen I did some wiring mod's in the Technibox and seem to recall there were wiring looms coiled up in the base.

If you remove the black cover that's located below the 240v distribution box/fusebox/battery charger you will find them there. The cover may be held in with a pozi screw at each end and it may seem as if the cover won't come out, but a bit of jiggling about will let you lift it out.

Maybe the above will be of some help.

Can't get to my motorhome at the moment to look at these wiring looms as it's in storage.

OP
OP
ShaKen

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
ShaKen I did some wiring mod's in the Technibox and seem to recall there were wiring looms coiled up in the base.

If you remove the black cover that's located below the 240v distribution box/fusebox/battery charger you will find them there. The cover may be held in with a pozi screw at each end and it may seem as if the cover won't come out, but a bit of jiggling about will let you lift it out.

Maybe the above will be of some help.

Can't get to my motorhome at the moment to look at these wiring looms as it's in storage.

Thanks - I had a quick look yesterday and had the same idea.

Once this storm passes I’ll get the screwdriver out and have a look. 👍🏻

OP
OP
ShaKen

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Ok, job done and all working.

When I get some time I’ll write it up if anyone is interested.

EEBDE1C2-0070-43E2-9F3D-B9A1150830F3.jpeg

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
Hallo, kannst du mir sagen, wie du das Display angeschlossen hast?

Grüße aus Deutschland

Marc
Welcome Marc.

ShaKen hasn't been on the forum since June, and hasn't renewed his subscription, so can't reply anyway.

ShaKen war seit Juni nicht mehr im Forum und hat sein Abonnement nicht verlängert, kann also trotzdem nicht antworten.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back