Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile coa
Exp
2 + 1/2 years
Our Knaus will be 2 years old in June 2008 and will be due it's 1st service.

I am aware that an ordinary Renault garage will not be able to carry out the servicing of motorhomes and thatgRenault Trucks can.

The question is - do I actually have to have it serviced by a Renault dealership? Can a local garage carry it out? There are no problems with the Renault at all, so it would just be a routine service.

We are based in King's Lynn

PilgrimPhil

2escapees

Deleted User
I would have had it serviced after 12 months rather than let the mileage dictate when the service is needed.

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex 01-580-881288
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Our Knaus will be 2 years old in June 2008 and will be due it's 1st service.

I am aware that an ordinary Renault garage will not be able to carry out the servicing of motorhomes and thatgRenault Trucks can.

The question is - do I actually have to have it serviced by a Renault dealership? Can a local garage carry it out? There are no problems with the Renault at all, so it would just be a routine service.

We are based in King's Lynn

PilgrimPhil
No reason why a normal garage cannot service it providing they use genuine Renault replacement parts as regards any ongoing warranty.

Peter

OP
P

PilgrimPhil

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile coa
Exp
2 + 1/2 years
Thanks for those replies,

Our mileage is just under 10,000 at the moment. We do try & use it as much as we can, but we do have to work (for the next year at least!)

Thanks John - I assumed that any "truck" garage would be able to service it - I was just concerned with a First Service being carried out by a non Renault garage.

I have a couple in King's Lynn that I will sound out.

Then it is on to the habitation & damp check at Lowdhams!
PilgrimPhil

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
A class RV and Autotrail
Exp
35 +years with breaks
I would just like to add, the Garage also has to be VAT registered,to comply with warranty rules
Cos we all know if your vat registered you must be a good mechanic:winky:
Geo

scotchjock

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Lunan Bay
Funster No
MH
C class
Renault first service

Renault told me that the first service was due 12 months after it was delivered to the convertor. That date was 10 months after I bought it new. It is an import, so I don't know whether that makes a difference.

OP
P

PilgrimPhil

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile coa
Exp
2 + 1/2 years
I know that I was surprised that the First service was due at 2 years. I'm fairly confident that the Renault & Knaus documentation does state 2 years or a certain mileage (certainly more than the 10,000 currently covered). A fellow Sun Ti owner is/was under the same impression.

PilgrimPhil

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
I have been told by the local Renault garage, after checking on the computer using the VIN number, that my 2007 master is due for a service every 12 months or after a certain mileage.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services