scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Regal Furnishings

This company seem to be getting a good reputation, several glowing reports on Mfacts, but why is everyone so shy about posting actual costs... :RollEyes:
Obviously not cheap, if they were people would be shouting out, somehow I get the feeling it costs an arm and two legs.. :Sad:

Has anyone here used them and is prepared to say ?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I just phoned them Jim,

"Andrew" told me that they do it while you wait over two days, they have a hook up, they take you into town during the day, or you can stay there and watch them work, they don't mind. The guy sounds very nice, and certainly knows his way around an RV. He reminded me about all the places my model repeats the original fabric which they then replace with leather.

I got a price to replace 2 cab seats a sofa a dinette and a tub chair. All original cloth removed and replaced with a quality leather. This also included wall and slide out panels where original material may have been.

£3500 all in, sounds very good indeed:thumb:

F

fordy

Deleted User
Thanks Jim

I've sent an email with a pic asking for a quote..

Jim

Hi Jim i had my sofa and dinette recovered by a local guy here in Kent made a lovely job 3 seater/bed and 4 cushions 2x top edges and end panels i supplied the material all in for cash 700.00 i could get his number if you need it, but i don't know if he can do the driver/ pass seat i didnt ask ,, but i had a guy who recovered my boat captain char but i think this was around 150.00 in vinyl with piping he supplied all the vinyl ,,he is also in ramsgate,,

FORDY::bigsmile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Minor question i want my curtain pelmets recovered wonder how difficult this is.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim i had my sofa and dinette recovered by a local guy here in Kent made a lovely job 3 seater/bed and 4 cushions 2x top edges and end panels i supplied the material all in for cash 700.00 i could get his number if you need it, but i don't know if he can do the driver/ pass seat i didnt ask ,, but i had a guy who recovered my boat captain char but i think this was around 150.00 in vinyl with piping he supplied all the vinyl ,,he is also in ramsgate,,

FORDY::bigsmile:

Thanks Dave, can you post or PM me the contact numbers..

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks Jim

I've sent an email with a pic asking for a quote..

Jim

Just received the quote..

The quote to re-upholster and fit high-density foam to your American RV is: £1800 + vat.
The quote to re-upholster your Captain seats is: £500 + vat
These prices are for fabric. We stock approx 100/120 rolls of fabric for you to choose from.

This sounds reasonable to me..

Total inc vat = £2702.50

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just a thought Jim, can you ship brand new leather seats in at a reasonable cost, £500 is over a $1000 at the present rates, maybe we could ask Linda, I think she got some for Kands Once.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Just a thought Jim, can you ship brand new leather seats in at a reasonable cost, £500 is over a $1000 at the present rates, maybe we could ask Linda, I think she got some for Kands Once.

Good point Jim.. but how much once Linda takes her 'cut' .. ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PS

Only kiddin Linda.. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

do you have any contacts or costs for new leather captains chairs ?

Cheers
Jim

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Here you go Jim

Link Removed

Shipped a few of these for customers ::bigsmile:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Yes indeed Jim, food for thought, thanks Linda..
What would the shipping be on these?

Jim

Ask the seller for box dimensions and weight for the seat you would want.....I'll get you a costing based on what our shipping company charge us.

You would purchase yourself and have them shipped to our shop in Ca90250, we would only charge you the freight from there to UK.

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Those seats are exactly the same as the ones that we bought Jim, and we were very happy with them. They are really comfortable and sooo easy to fit. Don't forget that you could then sell your old seats to offset a bit of the costs, which is what we did :Smile:
Good luck mate

Keith

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Keith

I thought they were, :Smile:..

Only problem I foresee is if we decide on a leather interior and can't get a matching colour ..

Plan now is to leave the pub early next year, possibly Feb/March , go to Regal and have a makeover then mouche about the UK for a few months, do a few meets and shows before heading to France in May or early June.. lets hope we can finally meet up again and sort the world out over a few Marmites .. :winky:

Goodluck and safe travels to you all

Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Even if the new seats turn out to be a little bit more expensive after shipping, though at first glance this doesn't seem to be the case, For those of us with second hand motorhomes, I think I might still go for new. New is good, especially if you focus for a moment on the 3, 5, or ten years of someone else's sweaty bum on your seat before you we buy it.:Eeek:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
For info, we had the whole of our lounge (in our 32' Georgie Boy Cruisemaster) refurbished four years ago by Tockfield, who are at Shirland in Derbyshire. They re-foamed and recovered the two captains chairs, a bucket seat, the rock and roll settee, the double dinette, made new curtains for all lounge windows, with curtain-ties for when we're travelling, and recovered the pelmets for the side windows and door.

One good thing was that they thought about this and gave us options - the captains seats and settee have two fabrics, one plain and one patterned, which looks good; they produced extra arm covers for the bucket seat which is right by the door, where some visitors grab the arm to help them up the steps; and even the curtain ties were made of the plain curtain material but with a trim of the patterned.

The total cost was around £2,800, and we are still delighted with it. They give a seven-year guarantee on their work, too!:roflmto: Their working week is (or was) Monday to Thursday, and they did the work while we lived on site in those four days. We'd recommend them to anyone.

Bob and Di

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I don't think I'll be having it done.. well, not in leather .. :Sad:

Here is an updated quote ..

First of all I must apologise. I have quoted you for the Captain seats as £500 + vat for both. This should have read £500 + vat per seat.

Regarding a quote in leather. The bedding area will be £2700 + vat.
The Captain seats will be £750 + vat per seat.

Total
£4,200. 00 plus Vat .. gulp

= £4,935.00 :Eeek::Eeek:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
So do what Keith did with Rocky.....ship the leather captains chairs in and have the rest recovered in a nice co-ordinating hardwearing fabric :winky:

£500+vat each? You could ship 2 sets for less than that! :Eeek:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
So do what Keith did with Rocky.....ship the leather captains chairs in and have the rest recovered in a nice co-ordinating hardwearing fabric :winky:

£500+vat each? You could ship 2 sets for less than that! :Eeek:

£750 + vat in leather !! EACH .. I don't think I'll be going for that..
That's taking the urine, :RollEyes:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Almost cheaper to buy a new RV Jim :ROFLMAO:

sersol

Free Member
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
Hi Jim,
I'll just say this about Regal, I had my Eura Mobil recovered in leather @ would be sure that you will NOT buy seats better than the job they do.
Is it comfort,looks or just cost that it comes down to.
I'm not going to try & talk you into a refit at Regal,but you opened by saying that a lot of people have had work done there & are very happy, which is true.
I do not know anyone who is not (if that makes sense !!!)

Gary

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Garry

Regal quality isn't in question.

I can get TWO top quality Link Removed seats for $595 + shipping..

Link Removed is $1,400 + shipping
Compare this to Regal's quote of £5k

This is for new furniture not recovered ..

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I don't think it's only Regal as it seems all this work is stunningly expensive sadly.

One of my caravaning buddies have a slightly odd shaped mattress as do most double bedded vans do and Swift have quoted him £793 for a replacement mattress.

Trouble is his vans only a couple of years old so the standard of there mattress was trash in the first place.

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
I had mine recovered by The Upholstery Workshopat Hyde in Cheshire
Jack came out to me with his son and stripped out the furniture took it away and recovered it and brought it back to refit in the motorhome
2x front captain seats, 1 x barrell seat, full dinette seats + edgeing trim,4x window pelmets. £950

see my pics below

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
It does look fab Tony! :thumb:

Do you have any "before" pics?

Slightly off topic, but for Jim's benefit.....where did you get your spare wheel cover?

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Thanks Linda
got some before pics somewhere have to dig them out

Spare wheel cover was off E bay a guy was shipping them in, in various sizes but i haven't seen him on there for quite a while
Just had another look now but nothing :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back