Rear View Camera for 2014 Arto 88F (1 Viewer)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
My Arto displays a rear camera view but only when reversing. Is there any way of making this a permanent rear view when towing a TOAD to keep an eye on it?

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 yearsā€¦.
My Arto displays a rear camera view but only when reversing. Is there any way of making this a permanent rear view when towing a TOAD to keep an eye on it?
Must be a way as I have my camera monitor on permanent when driving, probably just a case of swapping the reverse feed wire onto an ignition switched one.
Someone more clued up than me will put you rightšŸ˜

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Do you not have a switch for this function at the bottom of the row of switches to the right of the driver, the bank of switches which includes close front blind, retracting steps, turn on lights, heated mirrors etc? On my 2016 Arto 76LE, itā€™s the bottom switch, when pressed it brings up the rear view without going into reverse.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Do you not have a switch for this function at the bottom of the row of switches to the right of the driver, the bank of switches which includes close front blind, retracting steps, turn on lights, heated mirrors etc? On my 2016 Arto 76LE, itā€™s the bottom switch, when pressed it brings up the rear view without going into reverse.
Interesting, I had Polch fit just that sort of switch to my new Flair in 2015. It was not standard then.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The camera will be on all the time the ignition is on but the monitor is controlled by a trigger wire which is normally connected to the reverse light circuit. You just need to reconnect the trigger feed to a perminant ignition switched supply.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010

On our previous van I used a live switch branching into the reverse feed wire to the head unit using diodes to stop back feeding the reverse circuit and the switch so you could have the reverse cam permanently on our how it is now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Oh Dear! This all sounds very technical let alone finding and identifying the correct wires if I can get at them! One for the back burner for the mo by the sound of it!
Many thanks for all your replies which all make good sense.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back