Re-fillable gas bottle installation NE Scotland (1 Viewer)

ChrisMac

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
Brand new at this game but we picked up new MH last Saturday and really looking forward to getting out and about. Some great info. and advice on here We're heading off to Europe in Sept. for several months and I'm looking to install re-fillable gas bottler i.e gaslow or similar. Anyone know of installers in NE or even anywhere in Scotland. Local dealer quote was over 700 quid for install and supply for 2 6kg bottles!!!! maybe thats just what the price is?? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
ChrisMac

ChrisMac

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
The black box us the filler point. The box comes off, it's just there to keep dust and stuff out.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I installed a single Gaslow 11kg bottle in our Autocruise Accent which we've just px'd so I've now installed it in our Globecar along with a Gaslow 6kg bottle and associated fittings ( I can't get to it at the moment to take a photo).

Below is a photo of how it was in the Accent - note that that the other bits in the locker had just been put back in temporarily and were tidied up to still allow any leaking gas to be able to escape through the bottom vents.

16 - Gas locker.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
The only concern I have with the refillable bottles is finding somewhere to fill them as our local garage that did LPG hs closed.
@Puddleduck . Helen if you are thinking of a re fillable system have a look at Sandra and jeans van at Inverness. .They have the twin 6kg gas it and I've just put the external fill on it.. ..If you have somewhere convenient to fit the external fill I think that's the option to go for...
Just my opinion mind ... see what you think if you can get a look..
Ta Andy.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Will do that Andy. I'd rather get a refillable than exchange a part filled calor bottle again. Hope we don't have to buy another cylinder before then.

Are you going to be at Inverness?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Will do that Andy. I'd rather get a refillable than exchange a part filled calor bottle again. Hope we don't have to buy another cylinder before then.

Why don't you get a refillable installed and use your old one till its empty

Upvote 0

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990

Yes. I'm hoping so Helen but am always mindful of my parents situation in Ireland so never say 100% sure.
I'll have a look at your van ..If you decide to fit a system and I think I can do it you are welcome.
Ta andy

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Yes. I'm hoping so Helen but am always mindful of my parents situation in Ireland so never say 100% sure.
I'll have a look at your van ..If you decide to fit a system and I think I can do it you are welcome.
Ta andy
I wasn't hinting Andy. Just that it would be nice to meet up with you again. We have a similar situation with my Mum and Dad but after the last episode I won't be dropping everything immediately - wolf called once too often.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back