Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi drove up from Hoddam castle this afternoon van rattles seem to be coming from above both driver and passengers heads , on the Bolero it's plastic shelves at this part and that's what seems to be rattling or maybe the Reims blinds ?? Was thinking about a sort of clear silicone that I could force in the tip of the tube and lay some spots between the joints you know when you sometimes buy something and it's stuck to the package with some clear substance that you can remove easily , any one have any ideas apart from turning the volume up on the radio

Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The silicone sealant idea is sound. The gummy based stuff they use in some packaging that you mention (a bit like bogies when you peel it off!) stays sticky, but the silicone sealants cure and can still be peeled, so don't collect hairy dusty "stuff" in general use.

My cooker is the biggest source of rattles that drives me nuts. I am using Loctite 5145 silicone sealant (meant for electronic components to make them resistant to vibration damage) and so far I have found that the noisiest bits are the chrome shelf supports that are a loose fit in the holes in the two opposite sides of the oven. They are just so loose! I pumped a bit of the sealant around the holes they poke through. It has secured them very well. An upper working temperature of 300C will work perfectly well in the hottest of ovens.

However, fancy putting a caravan cooker in a motorhome. Who hears a cooker rattling in a caravan? A bit more attention to detail please Swift!

Look on Tool Station or Screwfix at the specs of sealants and avoid decorators caulk and bathroom sealants if you can. Above all remember, less is more with these sealants, they can make a real mess if you are heavy handed. You are also correct clear sealant is best for this sort of application. Good luck.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I've suggested this a few times before so apologies to those who have heard it but neoprene 15" laptop sleeves that can be bought from some pound shops or off eBay work brilliantly for popping cooker shelves, trays, pans and many other things in to stop them rattling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Some Swift models have a known issue with the decorative acrylic exterior valance between the windscreen and the sunroof rattling. However this is more of an intermittent rhythmic hum/vibration that doesn't always happen. Could this apply to your model?

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Thanks for the reply Dennis I will have a look at toolstation for the sealants, appreciate you taking the time to suggest it
Happy travels

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi magic surf bus
It's coming above both driver and passenger seats the whole top around the large skyline window is plastic noise seems to be coming from the storage pockets at the sides above our heads just plastic on plastic I think which is the issue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We have 100yd of the none slip sheets on board, everything including my false teeth are wrapped in the bloody stuff :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back