Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Morning Funsters
I have a Fiat Ducato 1.9td 2001 model motorhome and I need to remove the radio to access the power feed.
The aerial is an electronic internal glass mounted retro fit which is powered , and I suspect is taking power from the cigarette lighter socket, so when the reversing camera and sat nav are plugged in to the cig socket on a twin splitter, I seem to be getting interference on the radio.
When the radio is on without anything plugged into the cig socket, the receiption is very good with no interference.
The radio is only operable when the ignition is on.
The cig socket is permanently power fed.
Any other ideas of how I could find alternatively a 12v feed to take the reversing camera and sat nav, but both are on a cig plug fitting, or where to rewire the aerial feed away from the cig socket.
Hence my need to try and get the radio out and see what's wired where.
I think I may need to remove or loosen a big part of the dashboard, and I don't fancy, or am not confident in, doing so.
Thanks in advance.

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Just slightly different, we had a similar problem of interferance when using a cheep usb adaptor, does the splitter have a USB port in it? As this have voltage reduction electronic in it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back