Radio button (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I have a button on the dash to be able to switch from leisure battery or main (Fiat) battery.

Some time back whilst fitting the Waeco rear view camera set up I must have disturbed something as I lost ability to get radio from leisure battery, so it only works on Fiat battery.

I took out the dash again at the switch and also removed the radio to check the cables to the switch/radio and all seems okay, but there is no power from the leisure battery to the switch.

Does anyone know where the fuse would be located for this ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
it could be at the battery or anywhere between it and the switch. sadly if it's not documented, it's a case of tracing the wire back or replacing it may be quicker

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Hymer fit a control box to handle the power supply to the radio and rear view camera and seem to add at least one inline fuse in the power supply to it and the switch. You’ll need to pull out all of the additional harnesses they add behind the radio(for power switching, steering wheel remote, and camera interface) and check to see which of the 2 or 3 fuses have blown.

BTW I’ve tried to get hold of a proper wiring diagram but not managed to find one yet. Also depending on the age of the van (pre 2017) you may find that both switch positions use the van battery but just let you run it with the ignition off....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back