Question about gas bottle connections

The Ciderfarian

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Somewhere in France
Funster No
c class
I'm a newbie
Sorry to be such a numpty but I hope someone can explain (slowly, using small words)
I have my gas running from a UK gas bottle/uk regulator, 37mbar
I will be needing to switch permenantly to French gas bottles.
Do I keep the uk regulator and put some kind of adaptor onthe end to fit the French bottles OR do I switch over to a French regulator, which brings me nicely to part 2 of my question.
If I need to buy a French regulator, are they 37 mbar so therefore a straightforward swap.I think any of the big diy stores will stock them.
If I need an adaptor where can I buy one of these?
Thanks for your help
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
Autotrail Delaware
>7 but <8
l found to my joy that the standard regulator which fits the 4.5kg Calor bottle also fits most French bottles
I now have 2 x 10kg butane which cost 20€50 plus 1€ deposit from Intermarche. Total Gaz also fit, the 15 kg at 34€ also fits but is 5€ deposit.
Most newer Motorhomes have a fixed regulator which requires a pigtail to connect bottle (21.8 LH thread) to the regulator. If you use a separate regulator, then the Calor one mentioned will connect.
Hope this was helpful and now you can concentrate on the trip.
Bon Voyage
SMC Motorhomes Newark
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services