Quarantining in Motorhome? (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Off next week to Germany, Austria and italy. We have timed this trip to get some major work done on the house. If things change in these countries and we have to return and face 14 days quarantine, unable to return to house, would we be able to declare our motorhome as our place of residence for 14 days. Sites may not accept us i know but what if we used some isolated spots throughout our country and didn't have contact with others?

Deleted User
You need to give an accurate contact address and have any food or essential items delivered to that address.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Off next week to Germany, Austria and italy. We have timed this trip to get some major work done on the house. If things change in these countries and we have to return and face 14 days quarantine, unable to return to house, would we be able to declare our motorhome as our place of residence for 14 days. Sites may not accept us i know but what if we used some isolated spots throughout our country and didn't have contact with others?
Wouldn't think so but you might be OK if you were parked at home in motorhome (if possible).
To be sure you might be better to change plans to UK trip instead.

Deleted User
How to self-isolate in your accommodation
You should self-isolate in one place for the full 14 days, where you can have food and other necessities delivered, and stay away from others. You must self-isolate at the address you provided on the public health passenger locator form.

This can include:

• your own home
  • staying with friends or family
  • a hotel or other temporary accommodation
You should not have visitors, including friends and family, unless they are providing:

• emergency assistance
  • care or assistance, including personal care
  • medical assistance
  • veterinary services
  • certain critical public services
You cannot go out to work or school or visit public areas. You should not go shopping. If you require help buying groceries, other shopping or picking up medication, you should ask friends or relatives or order a delivery.

In England, you must only exercise within your home or garden. You cannot leave your home to walk your dog. You will need to ask friends or relatives to help you with this.

Jul 26, 2017
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 125
Exp
Since 2016
I wonder if some of the same people who complained that the UK did not close its borders early enough at the outset will be found to be looking for loopholes they can exploit for their own overseas travel and return? [not suggesting OP falls into this category btw].

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I wonder if some of the same people who complained that the UK did not close its borders early enough at the outset will be found to be looking for loopholes they can exploit for their own overseas travel and return?
No! Don't be silly (eh, cynical!)! :whistle2: :whistle2: :whistle2:

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
I assume you would need an address? Hopefully the authorities will carry out spot checks (probably not?).

Coffee on the inside of the windscreen! :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back