Propane Bottle Help Durham Area (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2021
Durham, UK
Funster No
MH
c class
Hi All

Well after a hire and a lot of searching we have done it and bought our first motorhome for the family an Elddis Prestige 196 which we collect on 3rd August.

We are a little bit excited to get in it and go exploring more but I have hit a snag!! Apparently we are experiencing a national shortage of 6kg Propane Bottles?? I never knew this and am really struggling to source.

Does anyone know of either somewhere I can manage to get 2? I’ve tried the usual Gumtree, marketplace and eBay with no joy within 100 miles.
Any help would be appreciated

thanks all

Andy

bridgedino

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Fife
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi All

Well after a hire and a lot of searching we have done it and bought our first motorhome for the family an Elddis Prestige 196 which we collect on 3rd August.

We are a little bit excited to get in it and go exploring more but I have hit a snag!! Apparently we are experiencing a national shortage of 6kg Propane Bottles?? I never knew this and am really struggling to source.

Does anyone know of either somewhere I can manage to get 2? I’ve tried the usual Gumtree, marketplace and eBay with no joy within 100 miles.

thanks all

What about the smaller 3.9kg bottles? Or bite the bullet and be prepared to travel for one.

Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Hi there, can I suggest you try calling Dixon's of Westerhope? They're a main Calor dealer and have a large bottle gas supply depot just off the A1 in Newcastle. They've always been very helpful, so fingers crossed they'll be able to help you. 🤞

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bridgedino

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Fife
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi All

thanks all

Andy
Hi All

thanks all

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Hi All

thanks all

Andy

Does it have to be a 6 kg bottle.will an 11kg fit?

Aug 17, 2012
Burton on Trent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
tenting,caravans,autotrail cheyenne,bolero, apache. and now Mercedes Autosleeper winchcombe
i would be surprised if you coulnt fit a 13kg as well , my auto trail 634 will actually take 2x13 kg bottles with a squeeze

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John H.

Free Member
Apr 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
A long time
I also think you will find you can get two 13Kg Calor Propane bottles in your 6 berth motorhome. (or even a 15Kg Calor butane bottle if your a stuck)

Or, better still, two large 19 litre Safefill LPG bottles.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back